yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Window problems(maybe a previous thread but cant find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window problems(maybe a previous thread but cant find it)

Heres a good one for all you nice people out there
    Drivers door window,switch has four positions,two for up,two for down.
    Press or pull the switch all the way and the window will go up/down all the way in one swift action,but the other two positions on the switch allow you to open or close the window however much you want to,I.E. a bit at a time.

Mine will go down a bit at a time,but the up option doesnt seem to work as it should,I swapped the switches over with a complete spare set I have, no change.

Could it be a relay or something I havent thought about,or does my model,ssr x 3ltd not have this option as standard,

Any help/advice gratefully recieved,Thanks,Alan

Since you've swapped out the switch already I'd be checking the wiring next.
    Neal

Comment

AFIK, the 3.0's only have 3 positions - Inch Down - Auto Down and Inch Up, the functions are controlled by the switch. My guess is that you're either using the wrong switch to test it, or you have 2 duff switches.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Mines got auto down and up....

Comment

Windows

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          AFIK, the 3.0's only have 3 positions - Inch Down - Auto Down and Inch Up, the functions are controlled by the switch. My guess is that you're either using the wrong switch to test it, or you have 2 duff switches.
          Thanks for that all,mine does auto up and auto down,and inch down,but it wont do inch up,even though the switch seems to have four positions on it,two up and two down.You cant connect the loom to the switch wrongly,so both switch units must be wrong for my model or faulty.Very confusing,every model seems to be different than the next

Comment

Hi Al,

The switches can be a bit temperamental. The ones in my 2.4 are a bit hit and miss but the ones in my 3.0 work perfect - auto up / down and inch up / down.

Rob.

Comment

I think the 'Auto Up' was removed as a safety measure on newer trucks; there is no torque sensor, so the window will not stop winding up if something gets stuck in it. If a later model has the auto up thing, it's got old model switches on it.

It's your switch(es) that's gubbed.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Window problems

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                I think the 'Auto Up' was removed as a safety measure on newer trucks; there is no torque sensor, so the window will not stop winding up if something gets stuck in it. If a later model has the auto up thing, it's got old model switches on it.

It's your switch(es) that's gubbed.
                Andy,you are probably right,sounds like my switches are for an older model,will sort asap,Ta.

Got to say,not heard the word "gubbed " before,we should have a site just for words like .... gubbed, glabber and bamshank.

We could go on that other surf web site and confuse the crap out of them with strange questions ho ho, Alan

Comment

Working...
                X