Cigarette Lighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cigarette Lighter

I'm sure this must have been discussed here before, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

The cigarette lighter ain't working which is bad news 'cos I can't plug my mobile phone hands-free kit in.

The fuse in the fusebox must be ok 'cos the clock is working and I understand that it is on the same fuse. The lighter socket itself looks clean as a whistle like it has never been used. Any help on troubleshooting the problem would be much appreciated.
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

as you say this has been done before their is an inline fuse i think behind lower dash
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Cheers marky, looks like I'm spending tomorrow behind my dash then!

Ah well, will fit my new MPH speedo face at the same time.
      [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

God, I HATE electrics!

There seems to be no in-line fuse - just the red positive emerging from a connector which for some reason is swathed in foam rubber. The cables to the connector disappear into a thickly wrapped part of the loom. Anyway, I have checked and the feed wire is live. The wire coming away from the lighter socket is black and white. Is this just an earth connection or does it go on to feed something else?

If it is just an earth, I will try breaking into it with a scotch block and attach straight to an earth point on the chassis.

At least I managed to fit the speedo face ok.

Comment

Working...
        X