No announcement yet.

No side, tail or dash lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope its not that one, grey and silver 3 litre ssrx i`m off to see it now taking this back tho i`m reluctant. no expeditions for me. it was the head rumor that killed it. i`ve emailed relentless and asked about it. He said he`d replaced the rack but nothing else was wrong, suggested the pump but its been too much hassle

Comment

you don't need a truck like that for expeditions, you want reliabilty! A 2" lift, decent tyres and a sound truck is mostly all you need.

Good luck with getting it swapped.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

at least he's not taken it off his ebay stock, so wont have to bother relisting it.

for an additional £360 above the price of the one thats got a deposit on it, you could buy mine.
        or at least hit the reserve on the auction
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Done the deed

Well i`ve been and swapped it, Filled the p/s upto the brim and set off, it was better than its ever been but gradually the fluid must of went to that mysterious place it goes to cos it doesn`t leak out and the steering started to get heavier, i`m convinced it was the pump now, toyed with the idea of keeping it and getting it fixed but i`d had enough
          He swapped it for a tidy greyish and silver 97 3rd gen ssrx with nice wheels on it, 80 odd thousand miles on the clock and a years mot its a bit nice if you know what i mean,Feels like driving a mini after driving that monster but i`ll get some semi off road tyres a couple of inches lift and a better bull bar and i`ll be sorted.
          Must say i`m impressed with the dealer he was well helpful he even give me £20 for diesel to get back. I`ll take some pics of it when it stop`s raining till then this will have to do
          Thanx for your help everyone
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
            at least he's not taken it off his ebay stock, so wont have to bother relisting it.

for an additional £360 above the price of the one thats got a deposit on it, you could buy mine.
            or at least hit the reserve on the auction
            Cost me less than the price it was up for I`d of had to throw over a grand at yours to meet the reserve and i`d guess yours will pass the reseve its well tidy.
            I realise i`ll prob have to spend more than a grand to get the new one upto required spec but that`ll be over a few months, a grand aint much unless you haven`t got it and tho i did i haven't now

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
              Cost me less than the price it was up for I`d of had to throw over a grand at yours to meet the reserve and i`d guess yours will pass the reseve its well tidy.
              I realise i`ll prob have to spend more than a grand to get the new one upto required spec but that`ll be over a few months, a grand aint much unless you haven`t got it and tho i did i haven't now
              Not far off
              Suspension lift with VAT and delivered is £400
              and a decent set of muds or A/Ts on those wheels £400
              then its just your time to fit the lift
              and Bobs your fathers brother
              hope your new one goes well and I must say I am impressed with the dealer.
              私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Well done and well done that dealer too.
                I like the look of your new truck, think you've come out of this OK.
                This won't do the dealer any harm either, so good luck to him.

Comment

It just looks a bit "nice" Cant put my finger on what it is. Could be the ridiculous "A" bar or the colour maybe. on the other hand it could just be the comedown from driving that other thing. Its got nothing wrong with it that i can see. I might just use it for transport for the next month, save up some more cash, sell it and buy something with a moderate lift, a better colour and some nice bits or i might build on it, Dunno yet

Comment

good out come all round TBH.

I'd build this one if its a nice truck, you've been burnt by someone else messing with a truck once, do it yourself properly this time!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
                      good out come all round TBH.

I'd build this one if its a nice truck, you've been burnt by someone else messing with a truck once, do it yourself properly this time!

Its a time and equipment thing, Moved house 5 times in the past five years seem to have lost virtually all my tools, got no garage or drive and my weekends last from mid day on Saturday till 6pm on Sunday and in that time i`ve got to do the house chores, walk the dogs and play, doesn`t leave much time to work on the truck.
                      The only consolation is i`m the 577,767,357 richest person in the world!
                      http://www.globalrichlist.com/

Comment

yep. I'd agree with that. Standard 3rd gens are lovely to drive. Keep it like that for a while and then mod it yourself. More satisfaction that way - and when you wreck your trucks' road manners, at least you can say 'I did that'

TBH, for an expedition, my small experience tells me in future I'd stay pretty close to standard, but just toughen things up / add convenience features, rather than go for the bling (but comparative uselessness) of huge lifts and tyres.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                          yep. I'd agree with that. Standard 3rd gens are lovely to drive. Keep it like that for a while and then mod it yourself. More satisfaction that way - and when you wreck your trucks' road manners, at least you can say 'I did that'

TBH, for an expedition, my small experience tells me in future I'd stay pretty close to standard, but just toughen things up / add convenience features, rather than go for the bling (but comparative uselessness) of huge lifts and tyres.
                          Usless at acronyms, had to look up what TBH meant
                          Dont really do expeditions tho i am going to Vietnam this year to do what the top gear heads done but i`m hiring not buying a bike
                          What i like doing is following those forest tracks in Scotland, Used to do it in a trooper and on a trail bike, Bit tame but i like it. Dont really need any mods for it maybe some better tyres but thats about it i`m afraid any other mods i want are down to looks, Vanity i know but hey there`s dicks out there paying grands for clothes just cos they`ve got some special name on them

Comment

Vietnam sounds good. It's somewhere I'd love to go myself actually.

That would be an amazing drive - here to Vietnam!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                              Vietnam sounds good. It's somewhere I'd love to go myself actually.

That would be an amazing drive - here to Vietnam!
                              8036.3 miles
                              http://www.bing.com/maps/?FORM=MMRED...9wPTB+MH4wfg==

Comment

Originally posted by schrodingers-cat View Post
                                Thats a list of place names that make your spine tingle eh?

Love the last step. 'Arrive at Vietnam on the left'

Comment

Working...
                                X