Urgent!!! Diagnostic codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!!! Diagnostic codes

I have seen it on here before many times but can't remember and can't find the answer. How do you get the codes out of the control unit? I have a check light on. It's a 1994 3.0 Td KZN130. Thanks for any help.

Well I found out how to get the codes out of the ECU and the Check light flashes twice and then pauses. The only code it shows is 2 which I see is
    Turbo boost pressure sensor. Is this a common thing. The car drives beautiful. The only thing that does not work properly is the Glow plugs which do not glow long enough. The relay is fine but something is making it not work properly. The glow plugs are all new. Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Not common, have you checked the vacuum hoses to it and the plug?

How'd you know the glow plugs arn't working long enough? It only needs 1 or 2 secs on a 3.0 before starting.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

The light comes on for about half a second. If I hold them on for 3 to 4 seconds it starts superb and no smoke. Was fine all last year but now light stays on only half a second. Is there a diagram of the sensor and the vacuum piping anywhere?
        Thanks for the reply.

Comment

This is driving me mad now. The Surf is a 1994 KZN130 with a 1KZTE 3.0 Diesel engine. I have disconnected the batteries and also left the ECD relay out overnight but as soon as I do a diagnosis check again by connecting E1 with TE1 I get 2 flashes a short pause then 2 flashes then a pause of about 4 to 5 seconds and then it starts over again. Would this mean that the Turbo boost sensor is fried? Any help greatly appreciated as I have spent £1000 on the engine which runs superb but the check light stays on obviously I need to sort it out.

Comment

why is it driving you mad? LOL

the fault codes are telling you whats wrong, change the damn thing!

Comment

Originally posted by gkm24 View Post
              I get 2 flashes a short pause then 2 flashes then a pause of about 4 to 5 seconds and then it starts over again.
              Seems like code 22 from the way describe it. A code 2 would have a long pause between the first two flashes.

If the boost sensor was duff, the truck wouldn't drive 'run superb' would it?

Comment

Yeah, code 22 is coolant temp sensor, there is no code 2 for a 3.0

So it all becomes clear with the right info at last,

A duff water temp sensor won't effect how it runs, but will effect how long the ECU leaves the glowplugs on for.

Comment

Just back in from the garage. I was going to ask if the 2.4 and the 3.0 have the same codes. You boys are one step ahead of me although the temp gauge has always read OK. Is there a second sensor or just the one. Also, can you point me in the direction of a vacuum hose diagram? There are 2 electrical vacuum solenoids mounted on the aluminium pipe that goes from the throttle body to the turbo, one has a reddish connector and the other is black. One connects to the top of a vacuum chamber linked to the throttle body and the other to the bottom. Any ideas?

Thanks for your replies.

Comment

The coolant sensor is different from the gauge sender.
                    Don't rely on the temp gauge either, it's as reliable as a handbrake on a canoe!
                    A slightly warm reading on the gauge really means overheated.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/tempgauge.htm

Comment

Thanks for that. I have had a good look all around and I cannot find it. I can see the one on the head but the other is obviously lurking in the depths somewhere. Please give me a clue. I would do that temp gauge update but I am trying to get the Surf all problem free to sell it. I don't like to pass on problems to other people.

Comment

No idea where it is on the 3.0, but on the 2.4 it's on the block under the inlet manifold.
                        It'll have a plastic plug with two wires coming from it.

Comment

Part number 89422-35010 same as LN130 Coolant Sensor. Not sure exactly where but it's left side of block toward the bottom.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...KPQT_8401.html

Nev

Comment

Thanks very much. I will take a long hard look tomorrow.

Comment

This sensor is used on a number of vehicles including Camry. Down here we can get an aftermarket part at a fraction of the cost of the Toyota version, but over there it seems to be difficult to obtain. If interested I can possibly obtain a quantity of these if a group of Surf owners want to get together for a bulk buy.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                              X