stereo wiring colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stereo wiring colours

thought i would post this for anyone with out stereo plugs.

Grey ~ 12v Switched Feed. Brown ~ Earth. Blue/Yellow ~ 12v Constant Feed. Green ~ Illumination feed from sidelights. Red/White ~ Right Rear Speaker. Yellow/Black ~ Left Rear Speaker. Green/Light Green ~ Right Front Speaker. Violet/Pink ~ Left Front Speaker.

Hope this helps,

This didn't help, it saved my life!
    I'd wondered why the 'wireless' in mine sounded so poor and elected to check out the wiring. Found only two speakers connected but lots of spare wires. Also a nightmare in twisted wires and insulation tape. Tried in vain to detect 4ohms resistance between wires to indicate a speaker to no avail. This thread solved the mystery. Thanks.

Also worth mentioning the fact that there are also two other wires that need powering to a) Make the aerial go up and b) to make the rear speakers work (seemingly they have their own built in amp). I connected both to my aerial output wire and all was good....until I switched on to CD rather than radio and the aerial didn't go up and no back speakers.

Bit of a think and left the black one on the aerial output and the other (can't remember the colour, may have been pink) on to the switched live from the ignition and all's great. Now sounds so good I cannot hear the blowing exhaust.

Comment

Do you remember the aerial trigger colour, my dash is in pieces, I've got a small feed to what seems to be a rear amp. I would like to use that one for the aerial too.

Or as you've done put one or the other on switchable live.

Edit: Found it

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf
      Last edited by Ploddit; 17 March 2011, 15:17. Reason: Edit Found it

Comment

Working...
      X