airbag warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbag warning light

I have a 3rd Gen 2006 purchased 4 months ago which is my pride and joy but this last week the airbag warning light has started flashing up on the dash. Does this mean I'm in iminant danger of a bag in the face any time soon? and how do I service said item???
    or is it more likely to be a case of disconnecting the battery for an hour and hoping it will reset itself?
    any advice would be most appreciated,
    aloha Dave

A 2006 3rd gen????

Anyhoo, lets assume it is a 3rd gen. and you meant to type 1996.

1. Does the horn still work?
    2. Does your cruise control (if fitted) still work?
    3. Has the steering wheel been removed in the past?
    4. If the answer is no to two or more of the questions above, then the spiral cable in the centre of the steering wheel is broken.

Try dissconecting the battery(ies) for minimum two minutes and see if that re-sets the airbag light.

The airbag circuit is incorporated into the ABS computer, which is behind the driver's kick panel. Pull the plug on the computer and re-connect, this should also re-set the light on the dash.

p.s. If the airbag light is on, then the airbag is de-activated.
    Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 3 February 2011, 02:42.

Comment

is it possible that some later surfs have a switch that turns the air bag off. Havnt seen one. but you never know
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        The airbag circuit is incorporated into the ABS computer
        Not on mine. I have a separate airbag ECU in the lower centre dash behind the radio console.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

1996!

thanks for the help - yes I did mean a 1996 - no more late night posts on here for me then!
          I will investigate as instructed and let you know - it certainly still has the orginal steering wheel so...
          will keep you posted!
          aloha Dave

Comment

Working...
          X