HID headlight brainstormer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tonupteabag View Post
    well the end of this is as follows the HID kit is being removed due to not blinding people but the main beam side of it is crap . the dip beam is great but the main beam is absolutely attrocious... so i am going to replace them with 130/80w bulbs
    My HiDs were so bad on main beam they failed the MoT.

To be honest they just aren't worth the effort. IMHO.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by subtotal View Post

are PIAA bulbs worth the extra cash ? has anyone here used them ?

cheers
      well i can now answer my own question , got a pair of these fitted now and i'm really pleased with them ,pricey (£38) full beam is excellent and totally legal

they are a big improvement over my old H4's - i could drive around at night without having to dip the beam ,so anything was going to be better really i suppose

Comment

I've been doing some searching, and I think this the most elegant and simple soloution.

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...#WiringHarness

The exsisting wiring just activates the relays to the heavy duty wiring and gives correct current to the standard bulbs.

I'll either buy it or make it, haven't decided yet.

peace
        cal
        Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Calos View Post
          I'll either buy it or make it, haven't decided yet
          Buy it, it keeps him in business, his kit is very good quality and it's not really much more expensive.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Buy it, it keeps him in business, his kit is very good quality and it's not really much more expensive.
            Fair comment, I'll buy one and post up the results next month.

peace
            cal
            Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

He hasn't been supplying them for over a year now. It says on the site that he's working on a new design. I hope it's ready soon.
              En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

well i can now answer my own question , got a pair of these fitted now and i'm really pleased with them ,pricey (£38) full beam is excellent and totally legal

they are a big improvement over my old H4's - i could drive around at night without having to dip the beam ,so anything was going to be better really i suppose
                Is that £38 a pair or each? Looking to get the best price on these.
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
                  Is that £38 a pair or each? Looking to get the best price on these.
                  Yeah thats for a pair mate,including delivery although i cant remember where i got them from but that was the cheapest i could find them for at the time

Comment

HID's are crap with glass directional lenses, work best with a plastic multi reflector base.

If you're not fitted with self levelling (either suspension or in the lights) and a emergency electrical cut out - by euro law you're illegal.

Comment

Yeah thats for a pair mate,including delivery although i cant remember where i got them from but that was the cheapest i could find them for at the time
                      Looking a lot more expensive these days. £60.84 a set on the 'bay.

Comment

sorrymate i thought you were asking about piaa h4 bulbs,thats what ended up fitting ,i put a hid kit in first but then removed it and got a refund - too many issues with them

Comment

Yes, I am asking about these:

http://www.piaaonline.co.uk/product/...us-Bulbs-HE303

£49.49 is cheapest I've since found (from PIAA themselves).

Obviously, if they can be had for £38, that would be even better.

Comment

Anyone know ?

I got Some xenon bulbs and ballasts but when I plug them in I only get the dipped beam, does anyone know what wires r what for the plug into the bulb as I'm not sure, it's a k Reg surf thanks
                            ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

generaly bud you either get dipped lights or full beam lights on hid kits so you might have bought a dipped beam kit. should be just plug and play on the bulbs to ballast though.
                              UBIQUE

Comment

The bulbs have both halogen and xenon filaments plus the 3 pins with the halogen running off car power and xenon running off the ballast, I had both working if I swapped wires about just not when they all connected
                                ALL THE GEAR!............no idea!

Comment

Working...
                                X