adapters 4 radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adapters 4 radio

after trying 4 at least an hour to get the old radio out 2 fit a new 1, realised i need adapters from the surf 2 the new radio, can i buy these from halfords, just didn't want 2 waste the whole of my dinner hour searching in the wrong shop...and going hungry.
    Attached Files
    lets go get dirty...

Originally posted by shelly
    after trying 4 at least an hour to get the old radio out 2 fit a new 1, realised i need adapters from the surf 2 the new radio, can i buy these from halfords, just didn't want 2 waste the whole of my dinner hour searching in the wrong shop...and going hungry.

Should be able to get them...Think you need the ISO connector...other smay be able to confirm this.
    Gaz

Comment

Originally posted by shelly

drop jotto a PM hes got a few for sale, parts for sale for details.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

thanks, i'l try halfords 2moro if no luck i'l drop jotto a pm,
        should b a quiet ride 2 work 2moro
        musicless shelly
        lets go get dirty...

Comment

Yup you can get them from halfords , just make sure you get the toyota iso leads.
          I always work better wet .

Its why I became a plumber!!!

Comment

Why does no one ever check the shop on this site first . Thats why it is there .

Rick
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
              Why does no one ever check the shop on this site first . Thats why it is there .

Rick
              i've been recommending it first!... also lied about charity donations so they'd go there!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

For anyone fitting a UK radio, the lead to convert the Toyota plugs to the ISO std is available at Halfrauds Part No PC2-17-4
                This plugs straight in and works without modification (in most cases)
                It was £11.99 but you may get one cheaper elsewhere.
                Ian
                One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

sorry didn't check the shop on this site 1st, didn't no there was 1. never mind we learn something new everyday
                  lets go get dirty...

Comment

i take it i am not the only one that has a fancy ass japanese stereo that only goes up to radio 2 on the frequency and does not play english cd's?
                    what a pain!! especially as it is not a standard stereo size, its huge.
                    mat

Comment

Originally posted by mat1
                      i take it i am not the only one that has a fancy ass japanese stereo that only goes up to radio 2 on the frequency and does not play english cd's?
                      what a pain!! especially as it is not a standard stereo size, its huge.
                      mat

Have you got a Band Expander fitted as this will allow the frequencies for the UK to be reached, but the station codes will be out a little (eg...84Khz/Mhz = Rock Fm @ 97.4
                      Gaz

Comment

panasonic light show

No your not on your own , I've given up with radio 2 but light show is fantastic you can see runways at night. Anybody know where you can get frequency band expanders

Comment

Originally posted by icsys
                          For anyone fitting a UK radio, the lead to convert the Toyota plugs to the ISO std is available at Halfrauds Part No PC2-17-4
                          This plugs straight in and works without modification (in most cases)
                          It was £11.99 but you may get one cheaper elsewhere.

£7.50 inc p&p from the shop
                          I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

i gave up on my jap radio as the mini disc only worked when it felt like, and the cd wouldn't play some disks so i bought a second hand one, my dads just fitted it and i put one of those blank things underneath with a little bit of storage to fill the gap it looks the muts nuts and plays good too, oh and gets all the radio stations,plays all cd's and oh the mini disc works too. took ages to fit and lots and lots of swearing so make sure you have a good few hours to spare as most of the dash has to come out.
                            lets go get dirty...

Comment

Actually it's not that bad taking out the radio.
                              Yes there is a bit of dash removal. Check out here http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm
                              for details of tools required and what needs to be removed to get at the radio which is usually behind the centre trim.

One point to note is if you have a double DIN radio (as in the link) you will need extra brackets to fit a single DIN radio.
                              Ian
                              One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Working...
                              X