Heated fuel filter vacuum switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heated fuel filter vacuum switch.

My Gen 3 Surf has a fuelfilter head with a vacuum switch and heater element in it. I had been wondering what the wires were going to the hump on the top next to the priming button. Power was getting to it but I couldn't be sure it was working so removed it. I borrowed a Max Ellery manual and there it is on page 186. I sucked hard on a pipe to the switch and could hear the click of a micro switch but there was still no continuity so I presume the heater element has burned out in the past and is now knackered. Have put it back together and now have to look for a new one. Haven't been to Toyota yet but I wonder if these things are fitted to other Toyotas, the Corolla diesel for instance? Any info or advice appreciated.

I'd be looking on Landcruiser Colorados, same engine and chassis, car ones are probably smaller.

You could fit a 3.0 2nd Gen one to, but would have to alter the mount.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks again Tony. Having removed this switch I'm hoping I can just buy the switch not the whole assembly. Will post how it goes. For something as useful as the element there are very few references to it.

Comment

Working...
      X