Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow plug nightmare............

Hello

Having finally managed to get my 2.4 td to the garage to check if the starting problem was the glowplugs, i've just been told one of the plugs has broken off and another seems to be going the same way?
    I have a choice of trying to start it with 2 glow plugs and the possibility that the bit of broken plug may foul up the engine or pay several hundred pounds to have the head taken off and to get the broken bit out that way?
    I can only go for the first option unfortunately and just wondered if anyone had heard of this before and knew of the outcome?
    He also said the only time this had happened before was with a Hi Lux so it may be something they are possibly prone to?

Any input gratefully received......... thanks!

Is this an electrical prob? sorry-not sure!

There's not much you can do, change the ones you can, and see how it goes. the way they fit they can't drop into the motr, fill the hole with wd40 and see if it blows out the stuck bit in time.

A truck will always start in the end, even with no glowplugs, if you can't afford to take the head off you'll have to just leave it for now and get nice new batteries...

I guess i've been lucky (famous last works... lol ) but I've never had a plug snap in all the ones i've done.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks-i've just had a new battery which is why i was a bit annoyed it still wouldn't start! Mine only has one and it just wouldn't even try to start but i certainly feel a bit happier if you say it's not such a problem if the bit falls out!

I don't know if i should ask them to wd40 it to see if it falls out now-i thought the only way i would know was if it blew up the engine!!

thank you!

Comment

cant you use an easy out tool. I have used one for a spark plug that snapped worked a treat.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
        X