In car entertainment ideas/help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In car entertainment ideas/help

Hey all, i should hopefully be buying a surf soon as soon as i can get rid of my Sportrak!

One thing im looking at doing, is fitting a big stereo setup. Im thinking of a double-din headunit, with iPhone connectivity, DAB, and Satnav but Im not having much luck finding one with all 3 in 1.

Plus i will hopefully be making the most of the boot space by fitting a twin sub. Have any of the forumers done anything similar with their surfs? As i need ideas and inspiration. Pictures would be greatly appreciated

It might be easier to find a double din iphone compatible head unit / sat nav that can control an external dab tuner via the cd changer cable. I have a pioneer DAB tuner that connects this way.

Rob.

Comment

I had a Double Din DVD in my Saab

7" DVd
      MP3
      Ipod
      Bluetooth
      Played all CDs & DVDs
      Had the option of adding Sat Nav and DAB
      It had 2 RCA outputs and an extra RCA Sub output

Only cost me £140 delivered from China!

Worked excellent.

It powered a 5 Channel 1600W amp with easy....that ran 4 speakers and the sub with an extra 2 channel 200w amp powering another set of speakers.

As soon as I have funds the Surf will get the works as well.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by srbsma View Post
        Hey all, i should hopefully be buying a surf soon as soon as i can get rid of my Sportrak!

One thing im looking at doing, is fitting a big stereo setup. Im thinking of a double-din headunit, with iPhone connectivity, DAB, and Satnav but Im not having much luck finding one with all 3 in 1.

Plus i will hopefully be making the most of the boot space by fitting a twin sub. Have any of the forumers done anything similar with their surfs? As i need ideas and inspiration. Pictures would be greatly appreciated
        I have a 13" Focal subwoofer forsale if your interested? I bought 2 a year or so ago to fit in the back of my 5 series but it was too loud, so ended up just using the one. It's seriously bassey and has a huge chrome magneton it so looks good from both sides.

Cheers,

CURLY

Comment

This?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JVC-KW-XR811...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

You can change all the led colours on the fly on these. I got the one down from it, the 611, as I don't need DAB and already have a bluetooth kit. I use my Nokia or the TomTom for SatNav. TomTom is better than anything out there. This one here also has RCAs for a sub, rear and front set of speakers.
          Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

I just fitted a single DIN Sony / Bluetooth / MP3 CD player unit. Have never been happier with a system. Can stream audio via bluetooth wirelessly which is handy for films or youtube or mp3 from a mobile device. Also had all the speakers replaced with Kickers which fit exactly in replacement of the standard "Made in Japan" Toyota ones whic had falled apart on me. And with this the speaker wire was upgraded also to suit the new speakers.
            My advice is to stay clear of the un-named ebay cheap jobs, but it does seem everyone has been having good experiences (except me!)

We had to replace the speaker wire as the standard wire was unsuitable.
            Some 6x9's would be nice though.
            The bluetooth also acts as a wired car phone system which works very well!
            Remote control is handy for the back seat driver.
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by J i m s t e r View Post
              You can change all the led colours on the fly on these.
              I had a Clarion that did this once...

Just try driving at night on any road without street lighting.
              Dangerously blinding!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

DEMO MODE = OFF

I think colour 26 is a good match for dashbulb green.
                Surf if you got a wave. Wave if you got a Surf.™

Comment

i put this stereo in, double din, i have my ipod plugged in, it has a slot for memory card (which has a 4gb 800 song card in) plays dvd on 7" screen, navigation, tv (module sold seperate) usb port, screen savers which ya can put your own pics onto...

All for £200 i think off ebay, for what it is, the price is a steal.

and ive just put a 750w 10" sub in the back, and running 4 4" pioneer speakers)

www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Looks rather nice. Looks a lot like the pioneer
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Audio set up

We are in the middle of setting our audio with a 2 din head unit with 2 mids in the front 2 tweeters in the front doors 2 mids in the back and then cut 2 holes above the rear seats for 2 tweeters and then a 12" sub in the back would like a twin sub but have big dog so need sum room. I have put a 4 channel amp in the left rear cubby hole. Plus also have fitted 2 more tweeters ubove the rear window. All the speaker cable has been renewed ( a big pain in the ass ) but a must. I am looking for a flat active sub to put under the front seat. I am a pro sound engineer and this system is being put together for sound quality not just hi db output. When you look into the surf all you will see is the 2 tweeters above the rear seats and the sub, nice we will not look like boy racers but will defo sound like one.

P.s. I have use some secret sound thec tricks as well but that is my secret SORRY.....
                      so long and thanks for all the mud

Comment

In my Gen 3 SSRX the front door speakers are 6" and the rears are 4" as standard. Fronts can be replaced with most 6" speakers, I've got JBL GTO's in mine, cutting the plastic grills out and replacing with proper speaker grills improved the treble. I managed to get some 6" speakers into the rear door with a bit of fiddling about, took original Toyota pods & speakers out and fitted some Autoleads Mondeo adapter pods behind the door cards. These need a coule of extra holes drilled and a lug removed to fit and you will want to bung up the gap left at one side with some sound cloth but was easiest option I could come up with.

Put some 6x9's in the back panels behind rear seats below window. They are 74 mm deep and a bit of a squeeze, had to cut the panel and mount them in pods to get the depth. Was concerned it may rattle abit when cranked up but on the hatch in the rear of the right pannel seems to be vibrating.

Cheers

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs B View Post
                          We are in the middle of setting our audio with a 2 din head unit with 2 mids in the front 2 tweeters in the front doors 2 mids in the back and then cut 2 holes above the rear seats for 2 tweeters and then a 12" sub in the back would like a twin sub but have big dog so need sum room. I have put a 4 channel amp in the left rear cubby hole. Plus also have fitted 2 more tweeters ubove the rear window. All the speaker cable has been renewed ( a big pain in the ass ) but a must. I am looking for a flat active sub to put under the front seat. I am a pro sound engineer and this system is being put together for sound quality not just hi db output. When you look into the surf all you will see is the 2 tweeters above the rear seats and the sub, nice we will not look like boy racers but will defo sound like one.

P.s. I have use some secret sound thec tricks as well but that is my secret SORRY.....
                          This is the way to do it! Sounds like its going to be great.basically what I've just had done but without the tweeters.
                          I never other amp in the cubby hole as didn't think there would be sufficient air for cooling. Mine is mounted nearly on the rear back rest.
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                            This is the way to do it! Sounds like its going to be great.basically what I've just had done but without the tweeters.
                            I never other amp in the cubby hole as didn't think there would be sufficient air for cooling. Mine is mounted nearly on the rear back rest.
                            If it gets to hot I will add a fan but with the weather the way it is I don't think I will have any prob's.
                            Just ordered some bass blockers for the U.S.A for the fronts I have a bit to much bass going mids it will cut all under 300hz. It should work.
                            so long and thanks for all the mud

Comment

I've also too much bass. The standard speaker sizes in the Surf don't allow many options. I may fit some tweeters like you have though.
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X