Sorry, another speedo question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, another speedo question

Hello, sorry to trouble everyone with another speedo question, but my speedo hasn't been working and the OD light was flashing. So i've got a second hand speed sensor and fitted that. Now the OD light is not flashing but the speedo still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas they might be able to throw at me?
    Thankyou

Well, I went for a longer drive today and the OD light has returned. I think i'll have to learn to use a multimeter thingie and see if the sensor is OK then go from there

Comment

My speedo fault was fixed by changing out the clocks. About £40 on ebay.
      cheers,
      chris
      Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
        Well, I went for a longer drive today and the OD light has returned. I think i'll have to learn to use a multimeter thingie and see if the sensor is OK then go from there

Pull the clocks out, remove the four screws on the back that hold the speedo head in place, carefully lift out the speedo turn it over and look for broken or burnt wires or tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
          Pull the clocks out, remove the four screws on the back that hold the speedo head in place, carefully lift out the speedo turn it over and look for broken or burnt wires or tracks.
          That, but when you take the clocks apart, do it on a big piece of paper to catch the runaway screws, and make sure all the little slips of plastic are in place properly before clipping the front back on..
          A speedo from a 2.4 will fit a 3 ltr dash, but I dont seem to be able to put the timing belt light off now...
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

timing light

Chillitt, the timing belt light can be switched off/RESET by pushing a small screwdriver into the recess under the small rubber grommet on the fascia.