Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar panel Tie-In

One for someone clever with electrics.

If I fit a triple battery system like the one in this section of the Ausie site, where would I tie a solar panel (battery outlet from the controller) in to?
    Last edited by Albannach; 16 June 2010, 21:20.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Link not working, just brings up table, but I could probably give you the answer if I could see the tri-battery system.

Do you mean this one?
    http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/DualBattery.pdf

If so, then attatch the controler outlets to the third bat terminals, it will work fine as long as you place something like this http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...=Module&j=true between the the cell and the battery, don't attatch a solar cell rated above 1wtt to a battery with out a controler though.

peace
    cal
    Last edited by Calos; 16 June 2010, 21:16.
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

Yep that's the one Cal, thanks (I changed my link!).

I think it's a 12v 20 watt panel, don't remember off hand, and I have the matched controller for it. The controller has an input from the panel and 2 outputs, one directly to power lights etc. and one for a battery. Thanks for the

Comment

sounds like you've been on ebay i have the same in my detached garage charging a couple of leisure batterys that power an inverter doing my lights,

yours sounds like the same controller..

Comment

Originally posted by Robmatthews View Post
          sounds like you've been on ebay i have the same in my detached garage charging a couple of leisure batterys that power an inverter doing my lights,

yours sounds like the same controller..
          Nah, I bought mine direct from BP Solar a few years ago.

Comment

Working...
          X