Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front power windows

Please Help
    Does anybody know the location of the power window control relay on a 1996 kzn-185, i have no power to front windows, tested motors all ok, checked kick panels looked under dash but cannot find.
    Regards Maceo

Hi & welcome!
    Im not 100% sure, but there's a unit under the drivers seat, held down with a velcro strap...
    The issue may also be the master control switch itself. Silly question, but have you tried the passenger door switch, does that work?

Wealth of info on this site if you do a search, also worth looking here as you'll fine wiring diagrams to help.

Comment

power windows

Hi
      Yes i have looked at that unit under the seat, and i believe it controls the central locking, if i unplug it i still have power to the rear passenger windows, the front passenger window is also not working, i have trawled through the net but seem to have trouble locating a mk3 wiring schematic.
      On the later surfs 2003 onwards the windows are controled through a body ecu, maybe i will have to look deeper.
      but saying that, the rear window has a relay pack, so i assume there must be one for the front and rear passenger windows.
      Regards Maceo

Comment

Maceo

On mine the window control module is stuck behind the fusebox under teh drivers dash panel.

It's a bugger to get 2 but is a white box with 2 large multiplugs stuck in it.

hope this helps

hawaii
        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Power Windows

Hi
          Thanks for your suggestions, i tried to remove the module behind the fuse box and guess what, a Toad window closer module appeared!
          I think my problem lies there, after giving it a wiggle the drivers side window started working but after a while it fades, i know the motors are ok because i have tested them direct, so it must be the module.
          I decided to call Toad for help and order a new module.
          Wow £45 smackaroos for a piece of chinese s**** electronics and the most unhelpful customer service in the world!!!!!
          Thanks for nowt Toad, anyway i will either replace the circuit board relays or pick one up off the bay.

Regards Maceo

Comment

Working...
          X