Indicators have stopped flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indicators have stopped flashing

For ages, the indicators have been working / not working, then working again. You turn them on and the bulbs light (outside and on dash), but they won't flash, then they would start to work again. At last years MOT they were flashing but you could see and hear them slowing down. Lucky, the guy didn't seem to notice, or care.

This always seemed to happen in the depths of winter but they have now failed completly and won't flash at all.

When you turn them on, or activate the hazzard button, they just light up constantly. I'm guessing that there must be a flasher gizmo someplace and that this would be a good place to start.

Does anybody know where this unit is located, and how I get to it or have any other suggestions?

Many thanks,
    Joe

81980 in this diagram.

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_J_199...T_8401.11.html

They are roughly inline with the top door hinge and on the side. The diagram makes it look further back. Just remove the lower dash and you should be able to get at it.

Nev
    Last edited by NiftyNev; 25 May 2010, 14:06.

Comment

If you don't like any of the skin on your wrist you can get to the flasher without taking the dash apart but it's 'hooked' onto a metal tag that you'll need to lift it off of (mine was on there pretty well as it's a rubber holder) and then you can fart about with it in the foot well.

I changed mine for one without the blown bulb detection so I can run LED bulbs without it flashing about 10 times a second!

I didn't bother fitting mine back in the correct place, just cable tied it up out of the way so I can get to it if I need to in the future.

Thanks,

Ray.
      I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
      X