Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuse have I blown?!

Hi guys

I was just checking the glowplug fuse by unbolting the fuse box and gaining access underneath - and now there is no electric going to anything, what fuse have I blown?

All fuses in the box and under the dash are ok - is it a relay maybe?

Also, where can I source a replacement glowplug relay as I think this is my issue in general with starting problems.

Cheers

Daemo

Hi
    Would have thought you had just pulled a connection or damaged a wire if the fuses are ok.......maybe wrong but if everything was ok the idea is that the fuse would go before a relay to protect it and the end system.
    Kinda like a 30 amp relay is designed to safely pass up to 30A of current through its contacts. The actual current flowing through will depend on the accessory or light or whatever that's after it.
    I would have thought that too much current could burn the contacts, but as i said before there should be the correct fuse in line to prevent that from occurring. But thats me thinking again!
    Oh and if you are after second hand spares try the guys breaking surfs on here as they should have the bits you are after or for new try milners or roughtrax.

Hope this helps

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by daemo View Post
      I was just checking the glowplug fuse by unbolting the fuse box and gaining access underneath - and now there is no electric going to anything, what fuse have I blown?
      Assuming you disconnected the batteries before you messed around with the fuse box and because absolutely nothing is working, I'd check all the battery connections have been re-made properly. Also, have a look around where the main cable goes into the fuse box, you may have damaged/slackened somrthing there.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

When I was messing about under the dash a while back and accidentally touched two uninsulated cable plugs together, I blew this fuse - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT - It's located in the fuse box in the engine bay - without it you get no ignition lights, no central locking - nothing!

Comment

Working...
        X