Ham Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ham Radio

Hope this is the right place for this.....
    Are there any radio amateurs out there who have fitted a 2m rig into a surf and can give me the easiest and quickest way to do the job.? I had a quick look under the bonnet for a handy hole in the firewall for the power leads then closed it again as I got a flashback to the nightmare I had doing the job on my mondeo!
    2.4ssr-x with 2 batteries so it doesnt matter which side the leads run.
    thanks in anticipation
    rog
    mm0fwg
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
    MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Hi Rog

I have HF and 2M in the car. There is a blank grommet in the firewall on the drivers side. It is fairly high up so a bit of gymnastics is required to get at it from under the dash.
    For antenna mounting I have drilled a hole in the roof and fitted a heavy duty 3/8 stud mount. I did this (much to the horror of mrs ks) because after several years of company cars, this one was mine and I could if I wanted.
    I have an antenna mount on the rear wheel carrier and I am in the process of getting that stupid little mirror of the front n/s wing. Another handy place for mount methinks.

73 & Good Luck OM
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
      Hi Rog

I have HF and 2M in the car. There is a blank grommet in the firewall on the drivers side. It is fairly high up so a bit of gymnastics is required to get at it from under the dash.
      For antenna mounting I have drilled a hole in the roof and fitted a heavy duty 3/8 stud mount. I did this (much to the horror of mrs ks) because after several years of company cars, this one was mine and I could if I wanted.
      I have an antenna mount on the rear wheel carrier and I am in the process of getting that stupid little mirror of the front n/s wing. Another handy place for mount methinks.

73 & Good Luck OM
      Fantastic , very many thanks, have located the grommet from the engine bay and I will be up behind the dash like a rat up a drainpipe shortly...back on air tomorrow!! Dont think the Station Manager will let me drill holes in the roof so it will need to be back to the magmount until I can get a mounting for the wheel carrier as that seems like a pretty good spot. Thanks again and 73
      rog
      [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
      MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

I have my UHF on the drivers side wing
        The Nudge bar holds the HF and Scanner Antenna whips (2x)leaving the normal radio one on the passenger side wing
        NICE !!!!

.........and TELL HER that if you are not allowed to drill holes in the roof then you will GAS THEM INSTEAD !!! Her call
        Simon.O.
        '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Originally posted by simono
          I have my UHF on the drivers side wing
          The Nudge bar holds the HF and Scanner Antenna whips (2x)leaving the normal radio one on the passenger side wing
          NICE !!!!

.........and TELL HER that if you are not allowed to drill holes in the roof then you will GAS THEM INSTEAD !!! Her call
          Thanks Simon, you obviously have a braver breed of men down there. I dont think I could get far enough down this bottle of whisky in one go to answer back!!
          rog
          [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Rog
          MM0FWG[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rog
            Thanks Simon, you obviously have a braver breed of men down there.
            Not brave just STUPID !!
            Simon.O.
            '90 SSR Ltd 2.4TD 5 spd

Comment

Working...
            X