Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot Lights on Roof

Tommorow i will be fitting some spot lights to my new aquired Surf,
    I want 4 on the roof and was wondering if anyone had some advice on doing this? i was going to use some box steel and attach the 4 lights to it then use small bolts through the roof with rubber gromits.
    3.0L V6 Manual 4-Runner

.:one::.
    Big Sound System (100 Infinity 6x9's Boxed :: 2 JBL GTO 14" 255w Subs)
    Bull Bars (Slightly Customized)

.::To Do::.
    Tires MT 33's
    Snorkle
    4" Lift
    Tow Bar
    Wind Deflectors
    Spoiler (Front & Back)

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=fitting+light
    would also try apaches/piratestorm and neros links below in the similar threads thingy
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Apache's one's best - here
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Haha aye was reading yours earlier v.good writeup... might do it later this year if i can get the missus to agree
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

I ran the wire from inside the engine bay, through into the driver's wing and then out of the very small hole at the top of the wing where the bolt is at the front of the door (which can only be seen with the door open) and then up the gutter, behind the rubber door seal and then across the front roof rack cross member!

I have 2 +ve's, one for the main and one for the angel eyes plus the ground so there's plenty of room.
          With the door shurt you can't see any of the wiring and with it open you can only see about 12mm across the wing to rubber gap and then what is up on the roof but as I have a home-made expedition roof rack it's mostly hidden and the rest it shrink wrapped and soldered so there aren't any bulky plugs etc.

The best thing is there isn't any drilling to do at all, I attached the fuses and relay to the bulkhead inside the engine bay.
          It's easily removable too if I want to transfer it or sell the vehicle.

I hope my instructions are easy to understand!

Thanks,

Ray.
          I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

Working...
          X