Compressor help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor help

I bought a 12v air compressor for inflating tyres etc. Supposedly goes to 100psi. I was testing it one one of my old tyres and it cut out. Now its not the compressor because my phone charger wont work in the socket either. But i checked the fuses and they are all ok. I'm guessing there was too much draw on the compressor but what could be wrong, if the fuse is ok? Can anyone help me please?
    Cheers
    Del
    Derek :
    1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
    [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

What about hooking up a fused supply on heavy guage wire direct from the battery, using an ignition switched relay to prevent battery drain. That way you would get full amps for the compressor.

Comment

Was gonna do that C. Just wanna sort out why my ciggy lighter isnt working. Having to light mY Havana's with matches!
      Derek :
      1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
      [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Check the connection to the back of the socket, could have melted the clip holding the wire in place....

Comment

Cheers! Will do!
          Derek :
          1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by Delboy
            I bought a 12v air compressor for inflating tyres etc. Supposedly goes to 100psi. I was testing it one one of my old tyres and it cut out. Now its not the compressor because my phone charger wont work in the socket either. But i checked the fuses and they are all ok. I'm guessing there was too much draw on the compressor but what could be wrong, if the fuse is ok? Can anyone help me please?
            Cheers
            Del
            You will also find a small inline fuse just behind the ciggy lighter.

Comment

I burnt out my compressor inflating the caravan tyres to 46PSI. Then I read the minute sticker that says the compressor should be rested approximately every 3-4 minutes. I had only been abusing it for about seven years. I'm going to demand my tenner back..........if only I could find the market stall I got it from.

Time for a new one!
              It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
              X