3.0lt won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0lt won't start

Cranks over just fine but will not start, There is no visible sign of the glow plug light coming on and no audible click from the glow plug timer/relay.

There is no power/signal going into the glow plug relay but when the relay is bridged the glow plugs work and draw current, I have checked the obvious like the fuses etc and they check out ok. Also there is no power to the fuel pump, I have got diesel at the pump inlet but nothing being delivered under engine cranking.

Any suggestions of where to start would be much appreciated.
    Last edited by B Aston; 17 February 2010, 12:32. Reason: additional info

glow plug fuse?
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

check the 80amp fuse in the main fuse box under the bonnet and once confirmed that is good then check the relay on the n/s inner wing
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

When you switch on does the enginge check light come on ?
        Remember arrows are silent.....................
        Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Immobiliser fitted?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            Immobiliser fitted?
            Bypassing the aftermarket immobiliser makes no difference, it only stop the starter from cranking.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
              When you switch on does the enginge check light come on ?
              I can't remember if the engine check light comes on, it's not my vehicle, i've been tasked with trying to sort it out for a relative and only get a chance to look at it at the weekends. The vehicle was working fine, then one morning decided not to play ball.
              Last edited by B Aston; 19 February 2010, 14:58.

Comment

Most immobilisers isolate in two places the fuel cut off is one of the popular options for one of the cuts, the starter solenoid energising wire is another.
                ionic SURFactant

Comment

Working...
                X