air con fuse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con fuse?

been helping a friend out with his surf today, high and low we've looked but can not find a fuse for the air con?!! It will not come on using the dash but if you disconect the wire on the unit itself and attach it straight to the pos on the battery it works.... So does anyone know where we'll find a fuse for it or if they know of any other reason why this would be happening?

Cheers in advance G
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Originally posted by speedymacfish
    been helping a friend out with his surf today, high and low we've looked but can not find a fuse for the air con?!! It will not come on using the dash but if you disconect the wire on the unit itself and attach it straight to the pos on the battery it works.... So does anyone know where we'll find a fuse for it or if they know of any other reason why this would be happening?

Cheers in advance G

Found much of what i need doing a seach guys.......
    Its behind the glove box, hidden away from prying eyes!!

Cheers G
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Comment

Does it work?

Have you actually confirmed that the air con works? ie spits out cold air.

I had exactly the same symptoms with my car and it turned out there was no/low gas in the system. I even did the thing where you connect a feed from the battery to the compressor connector.

There is a low pressure sensor which prevents the compressor kicking in and causeing damage if your gas is low.

I got my system re-filled and the whole thing works.

Rob

Comment

Working...
      X