Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another 'speedo not working'!!!

Hi all,

Not much of a poster on here as Surf has been sitting unused since last year, anyway...

Noticed when I took it out for its first run since last June that the speedo wasnt working. NO flashing O/D Off light.... Whipped the speedo head out (its an electronic one), no visible signs of damage on it, all wiring intact. Put it back in, out for another run, this time O/D Off light IS flashing.

Had to disconnect the batteries for something, when I fired the thing back up, speedo still not working but O/D Off light is back to NOT flashing (ie OFF!)

Tried to read diagnostic codes, shorted W & E1 as per instructions, and NOTHING! No flashing lamp of any kind. Then used a multimeter to check for voltage (again, as per instructions), still NOTHING. Not a thing... Then I noticed some threads telling me to short TE1 & E1, so tried that and still nothing. O/D light is off, not flashing at all since I reconnected the batteries.

So, I'm not sure if its a sensor, and if so, which one, or if its the speedo head.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers!

Ciaron

As the overdrive lamp is flashing and this comes off the gearbox ecu unit which utilises a input from the speed sensor I would start from there check the wiring first and then the speed sensor if its a 3 wire one 1 wire will have continuity from ground 1 will show a voltage 5 to 12 volts and the third wire will output a pulse with the propshaft turning use a led test lamp to check this.
    ionic SURFactant

Comment

where is the sensor located please

Comment

Working...
      X