Tail gate window - key operation not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tail gate window - key operation not working

The tail gate window on my Surf won't open with the key...

The window works from the switch at the front - window lock is off, and so long as the ignition key is in, the window works from the switch.

Of course, I have to take the key out of the ignition to take it around the back to try it in the lock there.....

How easy is it to get to the switch?

It's on the 'wrong' side of the glass when the tail gate is down, and I don't know how to remove the glass to get at the switch from the inside....

i got same problem, got autoelec looking at it in morning, soon as i have answer i let you know, stripped parts today so should not be long

Comment

Re

Ahhhh!

Was just about to do a search on this!

Mine goes DOWN with the key but not UP?

Works fine with the switch!

I'm positive I seen info about this one here somewhere, the search button beckons!

Comment

Originally posted by hellmett View Post
        I'm positive I seen info about this one here somewhere, the search button beckons!
        youd be right.
        probably the most spoken about subject after red buttons and cracked heads.

Comment

I spent half an hour last night searching before I posted the thread! Failed to find a thread with a solution though!!

Comment

in order to get to the bk of the lock u need to put window down, open tailgate. on the side of the tilgate are the catchess that hold the tailgate in. lock these out. put key back in lock and raise window. remove carpet panel and plastic cover and you will be able to see lock. there should be 2 wires on there. check them as they could be broken.

Comment

Cheers for that - Wires seem intact - at least from the lock barrel to their next point of contact..

Comment

Does it close from the tailgate switch?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

nope - nada! nothing from that.

Comment

Working...
                  X