Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central Locking

Hi,
    Can anyone help please with a problem on my vehicles central locking?
    I unlocked it this morning with my alarm fob and as I drove off I could hear a tticking noise like a relay from underneath the steering wheel. The cental locking then unlocked and locked by itself a couple of times and then went quiet. I thought it was just one of those things and carried on, but on arriving at my local B&Q it wouldnt lock on the fob. I tried the door switch, and key in drivers door, both to no avail, (although the switch will unlock it) so locked it by pushing down the door buttons. When I got home I had a look for the clicking and found a brown box underneath the fuses that are almost in the drivers footwell. This box has a small plug with 5 or 6 wire in it that when pulled out disables the cental locking, but when pu back in, the car locks????
    Is there a relay in the brown box and is this probably the culprit. HELP

Had an amazing thought today.. Maybe there is a "sensor" wire leading from the drivers door lock to tell the brown box to lock and if this has broken in the loom then no go. Or am I wrong??
    Can anyone confirm this
    Thanks

Comment

ANYONE GOT ANY IDEAS ???
      (Please)

Comment

Not got a clue mate, just had all the under dash panels off mine today including the fuse box panel trying to get to the indicator relay. Didn't see the box below the fuses that you mentioned and guess what, the indicator fault ended up being in the steering column switch and then suddenly, as I had got it all back together my door lock seized and now i can only lock my doors on the internal switch and then have to get in and out via the passenger door.
        Could use the fob but if i lock my doors on the fob the alarm always goes off for no reason, usually in the middle of the night. I can only sympathize with you.
        In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Working...
        X