No announcement yet.

URGENT! Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked and the left hand tailgate sensor is a bit over-sensitive, I've disconnected it and it seems to be working fine on the one sensor.

I connected the motor up and all is back to normal, window goes up and down fine. I was thinking, it has to be either the back door key switch or the relay itself as they are the only parts of the system that are powered with the ignition off.

Thanks again for all the swift help you gave me today, what a great forum!
    En Ferus Hostis. Be your own man. Follow nobody.

Comment

This is a great advert for one of the Surfs most dodgy bits, the rear window setup.

Get em looked at, service it, grease em up, cuddle them and rock them to sleep.

In short, it's shite setup and needs a yearly inspection to keep working smoothly.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Yep ^

I've had my truck for 3 years and it's had 2 replacement motors. Thats aswell as the brand new mech I put in 2 1/2 years ago. They should have used a bigger motor or a pair of them or something...

Rob.

Comment

I've disconnected one of the door open sensors and the key position switch in the back door and put everything back together. It seems to be behaving itself for now.

Into the garage to have a "new" o/s front driveshaft fitted on wednesday, the one thats on just now is doing some big time rattling in 2wd. Both outer CV joint gaiters were split so I had it booked in to get those replaced with the ones I have in my garage from Milners, shouldn't be too much extra in labour to replace a driveshaft.

Previous owner was a halfwit and replaced one of the two batteries. The other is completely dead so I've ordered a new Lucas Premium 70ah 610cca one. I'll fit it when I get the truck back on Wednesday afternoon.

A new set of speakers in the back and thats it for a wee while, I've spent a fair bit on it since I bought it just before Christmas.

The list so far:

New Centre Flexi exhaust section
          New AT Tyre
          New MP3/SD card stereo
          New front 4" speakers
          New rear 6x9 speakers to replace the cr*p factory 4" items
          Oil and all filters
          ATF replaced
          Rear diff oil changed
          New silicone Air intake hose
          New front wiper blades
          New rear wiper blade
          New Electric Aerial
          About 3 hours of work cleaning the interior
          New CV Joint gaiters and New o/s driveshaft

All this has put a fair old dent in the wallet but I'll be happy when she's running the way I want her. Plans for later in the year are new rear bumper sides and a machine polish all over. Its so boring when everything works perfectly straight out of the box

Thanks again for all of the assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
            Yep ^

I've had my truck for 3 years and it's had 2 replacement motors. Thats aswell as the brand new mech I put in 2 1/2 years ago. They should have used a bigger motor or a pair of them or something...

Rob.
            It is a bit of an expensive gimmick really.
            I prefer the lift up glass/dropdown tailgate like on the 80 series Landcruiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post

Previous owner was a halfwit and replaced one of the two batteries. The other is completely dead so I've ordered a new Lucas Premium 70ah 610cca one. I'll fit it when I get the truck back on Wednesday afternoon.

Errrr..... Helloooooo ?

What have you just done that the previous owner was a halfwit for ?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                It is a bit of an expensive gimmick really.
                I prefer the lift up glass/dropdown tailgate like on the 80 series Landcruiser.
                As soon as they started putting the rear wheel carrier on them they should have made the whole door swing out with the wheel attached. No point swinging out the spare then dropping the window / dropping the tailgate..

Personally I love the window dropping / tailgate thing but have almost got caught out camping when the window failed and I had to remove all the camping gear over the back seat and mess around fixing it.

Nice to see you back btw - thought you'd left this place ?

Rob.

Comment

Errrr..... Helloooooo ?

What have you just done that the previous owner was a halfwit for ?

Its about a month old, the older one is Japanese so god knows how old it is. I think I'll get away with a battery age gap of 1 month.

Comment

As soon as they started putting the rear wheel carrier on them they should have made the whole door swing out with the wheel attached. No point swinging out the spare then dropping the window / dropping the tailgate..

Personally I love the window dropping / tailgate thing but have almost got caught out camping when the window failed and I had to remove all the camping gear over the back seat and mess around fixing it.

Nice to see you back btw - thought you'd left this place ?

Rob.
                    Can't stay away from the place. Always happy to help people in genuine need of it.
                    No time for the plebs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Surfer Ross View Post
                      The switch next to the driver's seat has no effect at all, its as if the key switch on the back door is permanently on "open".

I have the "back door" warning light on the dash and no rear wiper now. I think its either the relay or the switch built in to the back door lock.

Funny thing, if you turn the key to the left or press the down button, the relay makes a beeping noise a bit like one of those small alarm clocks.
                      Have a look in the passesnger side footwell behind the kick panel there are some multi plugs there, i had the same problem on my truck turns out the multi plug was loose pushed them back together and all is fine. that is of course if it is the same on a 3rd gen to a 2nd gen
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Can anyone point out what the back door open sensors look like? maybe i'm having a blonde moment but i cannot see what they are? have had the same problem relays clicking like hell,removed the relay block and disconnected the motor,so all watertight , but the backdoor sensor light is still on? help please i just wanna open my boot again!
                        Geeman

Comment

very slightly off topic but still rear window related. My rear window switch(centre consloe) doesnt light up anymore, how do i get at the bulb ?
                          thanks
                          nigel
                          Surf K Reg LN130 2.4 AUTO

Comment

Working...
                          X