X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window-centre console switch.

Hi,
    Happy new year to you all,
    I'm having problems with the switch on the centre console to operate the rear window.
    Basically the switch won't operate the window in any direction,yet the key switch on the lower rear door works fine in both directions.
    Suspecting the console switch to be kaput, I bought a second hand switch to try and solve the problem.
    On comparison both switches looked identical,right no.of cables and right colours,the connector plugs and sockets are blue and a different shape on my vehicle(1993) compared to green connector block on the replacement switch(19??)
    no problem me thinks,just cut both switch cables in half and join the replacement switch cables to the originals.
    Ignition on,switch operated,window lowers on the RAISE operation,and NO movement on the LOWER operation.
    The window has to be raised on the rear key switch.
    A quick double check on wiring connections and all corresponding cables joined accordingly.
    Is there a way to wire up this earlier switch and have it working correctly?
    Your thoughts welcome, Rockjasper.

rear switch

hi, this happened to me once. Untill i realised the window lock switch was on?
    Just a thought, you probably tried that one!

Comment

Working...
    X