LN130 2.4 Battery codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LN130 2.4 Battery codes

Hi there, have read some posts here and my research seems to say that I need a couple of batteries of either about 500cca each or 1 battery of at least 700cca. I've seen some Numax ones referenced here, I think the code for the battery remaining in the car at the mo is a 092. Can anyone offer any more specific advice/recommendations? I'm in desperate need and want to pick them up this afternoon.....

The truck doesn't get used all that often if that makes any difference, so they have to keep their charge well.

Many thanks

I can't remember the battery codes at the moment. But once you get the info check Toyotas' price sometimes they can be better for the batteries.
    Also like yourself my truck doesn't move that offten now (sometimes it doesn't move for over a month). So I've fitted a "dis carnect" which I picked up from a boy racer store, and enables me to disconect the battery so it doesn't go flat (you do have to remember to reset the clock, and radio).
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

thanks for the info toyota can't quote of bar they say they can't get import batteries on their parts system

Comment

Originally posted by Tonka View Post
        thanks for the info toyota can't quote of bar they say they can't get import batteries on their parts system
        You've lucked out and got a stroppy dealer then. When I get home I'll look at mine for you (and hope Toyota put some part numbers on them).
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I'm sorry Toyota left no parts numbers on either battery.

Someone more knowledgable WE NEED YOUR HELP.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

If anyone can help out on this I'd really appreciate it. I just need to know what batteries to order. To complicate the issue, my car has 2 of the same fitted - both 072s and someone's pulled the cables around so I could do with seeing what it should look like.

Comment

The codes for aftermarket batteries are 068 and 069.

Toyota dealers can put your chassis number into their computer and pull up all parts - my local one has ordered loads of bits over the last couple of years, including a pair of batteries (they had them in stock as 'standard' parts)

Try ringing parts on 01279 654335 with your chassis details to hand (off the plate on the bulkhead) They will be able to tell you the part numbers.

Rob.

Comment

If any help these were off the batteries on my old 2.4

Delco 80D26R (drivers side)
                Delco 80D26L (passenger side)

CCA................580
                Amp hr............75
                Reserve cap.....140
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Many thanks to you both - I've ordered some VARTA batteries - E23+E24 which correlate to the 068 and 069 I believe, although they might have a little more output power.

Just hoping they fit OK - will only believe it when I see it! The Toyota dealer I spoke to has been really helpful in the past ordering me all sorts of little bits, but they swore blind the only parts which don't come up with a code are the batteries. Never mind, it's done now.

Comment

The part numbers for toyota batteries are on here in several threads, just use the search button!
                    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I did tintin, see my original post. I wanted a bit more confirmation i was doing the right thing. The search results reveal that people have actually fitted a variety of batteries, with differing codes as you can even see in this thread. Although I searched and read loads of posts I don't remember finding part numbers for Toyota batteries and my understanding from my local dealer is that on their system they are not listed and so part numbers wouldn't help would it? The dealer swore blind he could get any other part up on his system but not batteries for Surfs.

I'm sorted now - many thanks to all, I'm working away from home this week with internet access via mobile phone, so yet again this forum's come up trumps for me.

Comment

Didn't mean it to sound rude Tonka! What i meant was using the search engine properly could have saved a lot of wasted time and effort
                        I just found this by typing"part numbers" into the search....

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=part+numbers

Post number two gives you the toyota part numbers for both batteries (left and right hand) and therefore saves you going through any shat with the parts dept . Just give them the numbers they tell you the price and availability!
                        (did this recently £139 the pair BTW)
                        An awful lot of dealers seam to give surf owners the run around cos they're imports, fortunately my local mob (Yeomans Eastbourne) are brilliant and will always come up with ways to help (includind checking this website since i gave them the address)

Glad you got it sorted anyway, new batt's makes a heck of a difference to mine

Alan
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

I see what you.mean, I wish i'd found that post, but I see it was posted in the 3.0 litre forum which I purposely didn't search as I wanted results for the 2.4, so I searched that forum as well as the electrical one. Don't take this the wrong way - but people are often too quick to say others should have used search on web forums when the use of it has always been a bit hit and miss. I searched for "batteries" "battery codes" but not "part numbers" if I remember correctly.

I've ordered the batteries now and they should arrive on Monday but they weren't the cheapest - paid £160 total but I just need to get the truck going so it's just one of those things...
                          Last edited by Tonka; 19 December 2009, 11:29.

Comment

Working...
                          X