Ariel trouble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ariel trouble...

After puddle jumping at the weekend with the wet weather my Ariel has decided to stop going up and down.

There is a grinding noise which would suggest the motor is still going but ther ariel doesn't go up or down. I've left it up and the moment.

Anyone else had this? By the looking of things I'll need to take off the front wheel and gain access from under the LHS wheel arch?

its the long plastic thread inside thats gone.You can get the new whip and thread from roughtrax or have a chat with biohazzard for a 2nd hand ariel
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

just undo the nut and pull it out, replacements can be found on e-bay for about £14 quid.
      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

I have done this on a few occasions and if I can do it anyone can!!First undo the wee nut that has the grooves in it at the base of the aerial,switch on your radio through passenger window and it should feed itself out. If that fails you need to remove front wheel and access it behind the wheel arch flap.A clamp is handy to hold the flap out of your way while you undo the 10mm nut and two cables(power and aerial)! I have bought two on ebay and paid no more than 15 quid delivered. To replace it you need to switch radio on,fully extend aerial and place the teeth facing foward and then switch the radio off and it should auto feed back in.It helps if you get someone to help with the radio on/off bit

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
          I have done this on a few occasions and if I can do it anyone can!!First undo the wee nut that has the grooves in it at the base of the aerial,switch on your radio through passenger window and it should feed itself out. If that fails you need to remove front wheel and access it behind the wheel arch flap.A clamp is handy to hold the flap out of your way while you undo the 10mm nut and two cables(power and aerial)! I have bought two on ebay and paid no more than 15 quid delivered. To replace it you need to switch radio on,fully extend aerial and place the teeth facing foward and then switch the radio off and it should auto feed back in.It helps if you get someone to help with the radio on/off bit
          got an ebay link

Comment

YOU ARE WELCOME DONT MENTION IT

Comment

I don't blame you, noobysurfer, and I also think a very short look at ebay would provide what Bonnybanks wants. However, as I'm in a pretty good mood, here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AERIAL-MAST-TO...#ht_1762wt_962

Comment

It's the fact I gave a description on how to do the job and didnt even get a thanks or fu++all that has me ####ed!

Comment

Working...
                X