Window switches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window switches

On my 2.4, when I opened the drivers door after switching the engine off, the drivers door light switches lit up and I was able to close the windows without putting the ignition back on. My 3.0 doesn't do this (nor does KERRSURF's).

Should my 3.0 do it and if so, anyone got any idea what controls it?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
    On my 2.4, when I opened the drivers door after switching the engine off, the drivers door light switches lit up and I was able to close the windows without putting the ignition back on. My 3.0 doesn't do this (nor does KERRSURF's).

Hi Andy, there should be a solonoid in the live from ignition, which lets power to the window switch, either for a timed period or till the door shuts,
    If you switch of and open the door, then close it, you should be able to hear the click from the solonoid, some vehicles have this and some don't. but it should be around the window switch door light area.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post

My 2.4 allows you a short period of time to close the windows, However my sisters' 3.0 doesn't, so for now (until other 3.0 owners come along) I'd presume that's how they're wired.
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

As mine does the same as yours n Alan's I presume it's Normal for now Andy !!

There's always a Payback .. Ya don't know where n ya never know when tho !!
        Buncefield Burner

Comment

My 3.0 does not have the timer for the windows but my 2.4 did. 2.4 was and SSR-G but the 3.0 is a Ltd - don't know if that makes a difference. (I so miss the sunroof, heated mirrors, rear heater, heated seat, turbo light and all the other stuff I took for granted)
          It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
          X