Which headlamp bulbs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which headlamp bulbs?

Been a while since I looked into headlamp bulbs and I'm sure the technology in them has moved on.

What would you recommend I use? The 2 I see spoken about on here are Halfords Extreme Brilliance and Philips. Any of you got other suggestions?

I have an uprated harness for them.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Have used the halfords ones in my old celica and they were great compared to the standard bulbs but I haven't tried them in the surf, I'm currently using the roughtracks uprated ones and again their much better compared to standards, I'd be interested to see who else has experience of different bulbs especially with the older style headlamp lenses.

ge7V1
    Last edited by Shalershasker; 11 April 2010, 07:15.
    Neal

Comment

I run Osram nightbreakers
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

1 vote for the Osram also would be even better with the upgraded wires too!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          What would you recommend I use? The 2 I see spoken about on here are Halfords Extreme Brilliance and Philips. Any of you got other suggestions?

I have an uprated harness for them.
          Andy, I initially used the halfords extreme bulbs but found them to be not much better with the standard wiring harness than the originals.

I am now running the Phillips and they are so much better, withthe upgraded harness I imagine there would be a further improvement.

Comment

I brought some of the ebay for about a fiver they are 100w, "blue" ones and they work much better than the originals and look cool to!

brought 6 though as I wanted a spare and didn't notice it was 2 for 1....
            Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Working...
            X