Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horn Wiring

Hi All,

Is there anyway of identifying the "original" wiring.

I ripped out the busted aftermarket one and need to know where the original wiring is?

I know the relay is in the drivers footwell.

What comes off this relay and where should I look for it?

Would I be better bypassing this relay and wiring a new "set up/loom" for the new horns?

There is a plug near the grill that the aftermarket ones were plugged into that is original, could it be from the switch?

Having aftermarket ones in before I haven't a clue what the original set up was, is there a diagram anywhere?

Thanks,

Original installation consisted of two horns, which were installed behind the front grill and next to each headlamp. You should have two spade type connector plugs one on either side. Hope this helps

Comment

Re

Cheers!

Yep, I saw them!

I thought that they were for some kind of factory fitted extra lights!

Will get the tester on them tomorrow and see if they are still active, if not I'll have to do another loom!

The only thing bothering me is the steering wheel!

Where to begin getting that wired up!

Gary
      Last edited by hellmett; 4 October 2009, 22:27.

Comment

I'd remove the centre part of steering wheel, held on by 3 screws in the rear, and check you have the live feed there 1st, you can then follow the output cable down steering column and into the engine bay. Might need to be a contortionist to see under dash though

Comment

Re

Right,

I got the new horns wired up etc.

The only thing I can't manage is the switch wire?

Where the hell do I plug this into?

I have the wire coming from the relay and I've searched and searched for a place to join it so the horn works when pressed.

I am stumped!

It's a negative switch system but every place I try sounds the horn???

Does anyone know where this is attached?

Gary

Comment

Working...
          X