yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! No Speedo, No Rev counter and .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! No Speedo, No Rev counter and .....

I'm towing nearly 300 miles next week!!!!

I am desperate for some advice. I have just done the timing belt and had a little problem with the timing belt light. I did the belt just before it was due so the light hadn't come on, but I dutifully moved the screw behind the instrument panel as per instructions. When I started up the light came ON!!! So after advice on the forum I took the instrument panel apart again and moved the screw back.............. light off!! Great!!

BUT......... Now My speedometer , rev counter and mileage counter are not working at all!!

Does anyone have any idea what is wrong. I was careful not to touch the circuit board etc.

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!!!!
    Cara-croft
    You've heard of Lara Croft, she didn't own a SURF!

are the plugs in the back of the panel pushed in enough/properly
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for replying.

I didn't actually take out the 3 wiring plugs, I just supported the instrument panel while changing the screw position. But I did push on them before I put it back in case there had been any strain on them.

any other ideas... please??

Comment

just to be sure unplug them and plug them back in.
        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thanks Charvell,

I was thinking of checking it all again tomorrow so will try that in the morning.

Cara

Comment

Not sure about the 3.0 but the 2.4 has a fuse for the dash. On the fusebox by the drivers footwell, about in the middle.

Comment

Thanks Sounds
              I will look at fuse this morning

Cara-Croft

Comment

I have just checked the 3 plugs on the back of the clocks, I pulled them out and then pushed them firmly back in. I've checked every fuse going (just in case) and still it doesn't work.

I can't think of anything else to check.

It was all working fine, the only other job I did between the clocks working and not was change the fuel filter, but that can't make a difference surely

Any help please

Cara

Comment

did you get it sorted
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi Charvell,

No I'm still looking everywhere on the net for some advice!! Due to tow in under a week now, so any advice or direction would be great!!

Everything else is working its just the speedo, rev counter and mileage counter.

By checking through the fuses the only thing I have found is a fuse that meant my clock now works and the alarm is working properly again.

Cara-croft

Comment

if you can get tocroydon i wilhave a lookfor you
                      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi Charvell,

Thanks very much for the offer, but without the speedo working, I can't go anywhere as there are too many cameras about!!!!

I am now trying to find out how to do a self diagnostic from the web, to see if that helps.

Thanks again

Cara

Comment

get a cheap sat-nav, at least you can use the car and do your towing job.

You must have pulled a wire out from dash connection somewhere, take it apart again, take it out and make sure the circuit boards where the plugs go are not bent the wrong way, also check the wiring connection where the importer fitted the speedo converter, they are often crappily done, and you could have pulled wire out from this.
                          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Tony,

I really appreciate your help. I feel sure you are right as it would be a complete coincidence if anything else had happened at the same time as removing the dash. I will go and check the plugs again now.
                            How can I recognise the wiring for the speedo converter?

I have been trying to find somewhere on the net that explains which wire means what on a 96 Surf as many of the ones I've found are for previous models.

Also if all else fails i was looking at self diagnosis but the diagnostic test (E1 to TE1) seems only relevant for 95 and prior and I have only seen comments that a proper meter is needed for 96 and later models.

Do you know anything about this?

Cara

Comment

it has to be simple make sure you push all the wires fullyinto the multi plug before you plug them back in. let us know how you get on if i have nothing on tommorow i may be able to come to you
                              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X