batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• batteries

My wife came back from town today in a huge rainstorm, wipers on, lights on, fan on, music on etc.
    I went out about an hour later and the batteries were flat, flatter than a Yorkshireman's cap.
    I put the charger on, but it was pulling full amps and getting hot. the batteries looked quite old so I rang someone to bring me out some new ones, The one on there were 100AH, two new ones would have run me about 200 quid
    So I ended up putting two 65's on.
    Will they be man enough do you think?
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

whats he cca cold cranking amps of the ones you have fitted mate?
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
      whats he cca cold cranking amps of the ones you have fitted mate?
      I've never heard that term before and have no idea, I'll find out tomorrow.

Comment

I had problems getting bigger batteries over here and picked up two car batteries that i think were 60 AH (should be about 75 or 80 really) and 450 cca and they turn the truck over just fine (might be taking out my behind here but i think as long as its over 700 / 800 cca (both batteries connected) thats more than enough to turn it over), saying that they were way too small to fit with the battery clamps so had to mess about with the leads to get them to fit and also raise them up by about 2 inches so they were secure.
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
          I had problems getting bigger batteries over here and picked up two car batteries that i think were 60 AH (should be about 75 or 80 really) and 450 cca and they turn the truck over just fine (might be taking out my behind here but i think as long as its over 700 / 800 cca (both batteries connected) thats more than enough to turn it over), saying that they were way too small to fit with the battery clamps so had to mess about with the leads to get them to fit and also raise them up by about 2 inches so they were secure.
          Yep, I couldn't get a right hand live, and had to faff around with the leads. And I had to make up something for the clamps.
          Never mind, it's sunny today

Comment

Working...
          X