icon lights on dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icon lights on dash

While driving today the tone to indicate the key is in the ignition came on and several Icons on the dash lite up. the noise will not stop and the lights will not go out. We have disconnected the battery for 1/2 an hour but feel it maybe the alternator, anyone else had this problem

Scooby Su

Could be a Alternator problem, sounds like the problem Koi had last year, he had random dash lights going after Alt failure.

Or a dodgy earth connection somewhere.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I agree. Happened to me just the same - it was alternator brushes - oh, and about 3 pounds of mud
      Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Thanks Guys, looks like the alternator wins. And its not the sort of thing you can pick up in Hallfords on a Sunday morning (lol). Just when I need the car to move my 82 year old Mother in Law out of hospital into a care home tomorrow!!! Hope she likes riding pillion as other form of transport is a Kawasaki motorbike- still.at least its a Jap.

Regards
        Su & Reg
        Attached Files
        Last edited by embleton; 16 May 2004, 07:49.

Comment

I got the new brushes for my truck from a local motor factor - cost me £8. I guess even a Toy dealer won't charge much more.
          Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by embleton
            Thanks Guys, looks like the alternator wins. And its not the sort of thing you can pick up in Hallfords on a Sunday morning (lol). Just when I need the car to move my 82 year old Mother in Law out of hospital into a care home tomorrow!!! Hope she likes riding pillion as other form of transport is a Kawasaki motorbike- still.at least its a Jap.

Regards
            Su & Reg
            nice bike, had myself a GPZ1100 many moons ago, only bought the surf after my Honda XR400 was nicked last april
            hope the mother in law is ok

ship

Comment

Alternator for sure.Just replaced mine with an aftermarket unit (slight differences) that suits the Aussie 3L / 2.8 litre motor.After cleaning engine mine shorted out and fried almost everything inside.Toyota price for a new one for the 2.4 was about -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              -
              $1400.00.Got the replacement for $540.00 which was about $150.00 more than rebuilding the old one.Cost will depend on condition of yours and it may only be Brushes.

Neville
              Last edited by NiftyNev; 16 May 2004, 12:04.

Comment

Working...
              X