New CD player!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New CD player!!

My SSR-X 3.0L. Came with a radio/tape deck and a faulty cd player.
    I removed the cd player and put a Sony CDXF-5500 cd in it's place. Used a car audio connector from Halfords part no. PC2-17-4. I kept the radio/tape in place cos' i didn't want a box fitted. there was no alteration to the fascia/dash board. The wiring l didn't have to cut. So all in all a great job done. See the pic. and make your own judgement. Thanks to previous info on this forum which helped.
    Attached Files

Just done the stereo on mine too.
    1 x Sony CDFX5700
    1 x Autoleads wiring harness (PC2-17-4, hmm, same part no as Halfords!)
    2 x Autoleads Toyota specific pocket (FP-11-01).

The instruction booklet that comes with the pocket proves that the pocket is actually made by a company called Metra (american I think). The application guide also says it fits 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen 4Runners. Bonus
    My SSR-G that came with 6 speakers + CD/Radio/cassette double DIN unit, also had a separate amp behind the dash. Had to by-pass this though as it was the only way it would fit. Don't need that separate amp anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
      Just done the stereo on mine too.
      1 x Sony CDFX5700
      1 x Autoleads wiring harness (PC2-17-4, hmm, same part no as Halfords!)
      2 x Autoleads Toyota specific pocket (FP-11-01).

The instruction booklet that comes with the pocket proves that the pocket is actually made by a company called Metra (american I think). The application guide also says it fits 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen 4Runners. Bonus
      My SSR-G that came with 6 speakers + CD/Radio/cassette double DIN unit, also had a separate amp behind the dash. Had to by-pass this though as it was the only way it would fit. Don't need that separate amp anyway.
      why did you bypass the amp, mine has the amp and i connected to it
      [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
      [size=5][/size]
      [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

The lead that came from the amp to the original head unit was a different type and wouldn't go into either the back of the new stereo or the iso lead i bought. But the body wiring loom connector that used to connect to the other side of the amp, did fit to my iso lead. New stereo is 4x50W, would there have been any advantage of keeping the existing amp connected?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
          The lead that came from the amp to the original head unit was a different type and wouldn't go into either the back of the new stereo or the iso lead i bought. But the body wiring loom connector that used to connect to the other side of the amp, did fit to my iso lead. New stereo is 4x50W, would there have been any advantage of keeping the existing amp connected?
          i posted on this before as the ssr-g's have the amp fitted, the part is different to connect it up, you need the one for the toyota mr2 as they have the same set-up, mine is 4x50w, compared with my mates which has the same stereo i would say its better running through the amp, mine has 6 speakers plus the tweeters in the front doors

but
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gemini; 5 May 2004, 23:46.
          [size=5][/size]
          [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

Yeah, I vaguely remembered someone posting about the amp but couldn't remember what was said. Suppose I could have searched but at the time I just wanted to get the thing in as quick as possible. btw, mine has 4 speakers plus 2 tweeters. Bit of a downgrade then, from 2nd to 3rd gen then!
            Maybe i'll try it sometime with the amp connected to see what it's like. Have to buy another iso lead tho...

Comment

Originally posted by Rob
              Yeah, I vaguely remembered someone posting about the amp but couldn't remember what was said. Suppose I could have searched but at the time I just wanted to get the thing in as quick as possible. btw, mine has 4 speakers plus 2 tweeters. Bit of a downgrade then, from 2nd to 3rd gen then!
              Maybe i'll try it sometime with the amp connected to see what it's like. Have to buy another iso lead tho...
              got me thinking now rob, i'll check, think theres 2 in the roof at the back in one in each corner
              [size=5][/size]

Comment

Originally posted by gemini
                got me thinking now rob, i'll check, think theres 2 in the roof at the back in one in each corner

think the ones in the roof at the back are tweaters
                Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
                My choice
                Back off

Comment

Originally posted by Koi
                  think the ones in the roof at the back are tweaters
                  yes think you're right nigel
                  [size=5][/size]

Comment

Working...
                  X