Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Speedo

Faulty Speedo?

I changed the Speedo sensor on the gearbox last week as i was led to believe that this was the cause of my speedo not working and the flashing O/D light but to no avail.

As this did not work I then bought a set of Speedo clocks to replace mine as this was my next option.

Fitted replacement Speedo clocks today after i had already changed the Speedo sensor and all seemed to be ok, Speedo now working.
    Decided to put my old Speedo sensor back in the gearbox to see if it was faulty and hey presto that worked, so it wasn’t the sensor after all, now have a spare Speedo sensor that I didn’t need.

But then when I took my truck out for a run I noticed that when I get to 50Mph the Speedo needle gets stuck and will not go up higher than 50,
    also when I slow down it doesn’t always come back down, sometimes have to give the dash a bang.

My joy was short lived and now still haven’t got my Speedo working properly.

Does anyone know if i can fix this or have i got to get yet another replacement speedo clock??

My wallet is getting a bit of a hammering at the moment and £60 later and a bit of swearing working in the freezing cold my Speedo is still not working properly.

Please help me!
    Paul
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Faulty speedo

I am going to take the clocks out again today for the fourth time dashboard in pieces again to see if the needle is getting stuck on the plastic surround or dial face, will post back if i have no joy.
    1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

sent you an email Paul
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

working ok now

Took the clocks back out today and stripped them down just to make sure the needle wasn't sticking on the dial or plastic surround. All seems ok just pushed the needle on a little bit more just to make sure.
        Reassembled the clocks and refitted to my truck.
        Jacked the rear of my truck up off the ground and put in gear to test.
        Speedo went up to 75Mph with no problems and came back down smoothly.
        Finished refitting the rest of my dash & then took for a run to test.
        Speedo went up to 70Mph no problems and no sticky needle this time, maybe just needed a bit of help to start with.

Cheers
        Paul
        1993 SSR-G 3.0TD KZN130

Comment

Working...
        X