X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immobilser Disengage

Anyone had any experience with this type of immobilsier
    http://www.metasystem.co.uk/index.ph.../view/full/305

Whenever I put the wee fob thing in the light stays on (as it has always done when the fob is inserted) but when the fob is removed it goes back to flasjing instead of staying off.

What are my options? any help greatly appreciated
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

trace the wiring back and bridge it out

Comment

is that easier than outright removal?
      www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

meta 36

this system was fitted to my 93 surf when i bought it i had to keep the fob in until light goes out roughly 5 seconds , i disconnected it and put in a ebay alarm remote fob thingy cos it was PITA, ive kept it tho and keep meaning to install it along side alarm when i get a minute.... when this was installed and working i had loads of black reek on start up as it was tied into fuel pump instead of starter wire..........

Comment

Originally posted by ABE View Post
          is that easier than outright removal?
          in a word yes.when u try ad trace the wiring u will understand

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            in a word yes.when u try ad trace the wiring u will understand
            how is it? if you're doing that you may aswell cut one more wire and take the lot out.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
              how is it? if you're doing that you may aswell cut one more wire and take the lot out.
              kinda depends on how and where its spliced in,ie if its right on the ignition etc,thn u got the fuel pump feed,hang on your right lol

Comment

Is there peticular things it will be wired into as having taken some of the lower dash off I have found the box and 8 wires leading out of it that disappear in a wire tidy up behind the intrusment panel.

Not really wanting to take the whole of the inside apart just to find that they all head straight out into the engine bay in one way or another.

Also found out why its not working box was full of liquid.
                www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Ok I know that this is probably going to be a realy stupid post but . . . . .

If i knew what wires were paired of together could i just clip a wire connector block to each pair would that work ????
                  www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE View Post
                    Is there peticular things it will be wired into as having taken some of the lower dash off I have found the box and 8 wires leading out of it that disappear in a wire tidy up behind the intrusment panel.

Not really wanting to take the whole of the inside apart just to find that they all head straight out into the engine bay in one way or another.

Also found out why its not working box was full of liquid.
                    You'll probably find the following: 2 earths, permanent 12v, ignition 12v (live whilst cranking), 1 x 12v (engine turning over only) plus one maybe 2 others (fuel pump, etc) though these might not have been utilised.

As said previously, depends how and where the cuts have been made as to how difficult to take out the unit.
                    Keep your friends close and a hammer closer

Comment

ok so bare with me as I have very limited knowledge of electrics ( secondry school)

But if I can identify the earth wires coming out of the box, and the Live. then it should just be a case of cutting the other wires and attaching them to the live wireso they are all getting power completing the circuit?

Or is this just a way to burn my fingers and blow fuses?
                      www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Finally got imobiliser completly emoved after removing a couple of mile of insulating tapes found that it was a really shoddy insalation so was straight forward to remove

Great big thanks to Nero279 your info was a huge help.
                        www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X