How long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long

Anybody here leave their surf for a week or so to find it wont start due to flat batteries, a week is not a long time, I once left a Honda accord in a airport car park in winter(glasgow) for ten days and it fired first time on my return, it had similar configuration, alarm,clock,immobilizer, so anyone know the score with these trucks, maybe the batteries I replaced last year were fine, just didn't start/run the car enough. H

PS. My other thread/post offers apologies to those I didn't listen to in the first place. BDT was right all along.

hehe all good mate....

well my old surf had good battery's never had a problem with that and my accord still started after 3 months haha Honda for ya....

But yeh it just depends on the battery's mate u'd be ok for a couple weeks with good battery's I'd imagine......
    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Must be a battery or alternator problem. Left mine for 2 weeks last year while on holiday & when i got back it fired up like it had only been left a few hours. Mine's the single battery one by the way.
      Last edited by si tate; 6 January 2009, 12:52.
      If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Mine is normally left standing now, sometimes after a few weeks it will go first turn, sometimes it's flat (I do have lots of additional drain).

Remember that the cold will reduce the effectiveness of your batteries, and if your glow plugs are on the way out that will effect it also.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

mine was flat after a week i put it down to the alarm being on and the very cold nights, once it was started and the batts charged it was and has been fine since.
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

depends a lot on your use aswell, mine's struggling in the cold and i had to walk to work this morning, it gets used most days, but normally for 2 or 4 short journeys (1.5 milesish) several hours apart, so it never recovers fully from the load it takes to start it, hence if it's left for more than a few days i have to jump start it.

Whereas one that did a 200 mile trip twice a month would probably start on the button every time.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

should really last longer,first call is get an amp clamp,v good bit of kit it wil show if there is a drain,tracing it can be a whole diffrent story,could be many diffrent things,if you cant find the drain there is another answer although you would need to pop the bonnet before starting,either disconnect batteries,or atleast the lives,or wire in a kill switch,ie cuts the live side when u flick the switch,should cost 20 quid ish

Comment

Well I've got it up for sale anyway but if It doesn't sell soon I think I'll try to install an isolator type switch so that one battery stays offline till the ignition is needed. I t seems anything over about 4-5 days in freezing weather and it drains. well now I know, cheers boys. Hazzo

Comment

Working...
                X