T belt light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T belt light

The T belt doesn't need doing, but the light's come on.

Somewhere on the forum someone said that the reset button is behind the rubber gromit on the dash. Is that correct? I don't want to push it and discover it makes all the wheels fall off!

If that sounds a bit girly...well that's because I am!

Thanks

Originally posted by lostmarbles View Post
    The T belt doesn't need doing, but the light's come on.

Somewhere on the forum someone said that the reset button is behind the rubber gromit on the dash. Is that correct?
    Yes
    I don't want to push it and discover it makes all the wheels fall off!
    N don't worry the wheels won't fall off !!

If that sounds a bit girly...well that's because I am!
    Thanks
    Good Luck

There's always a Payback .... Ya won't ever see it Comin tho !!!!
    Buncefield Burner

Comment

if the t/belt light don't go off then switch the ignition on but no engine running and then press it again and it should go off then
      Nothing wrong with sounding and being girlie as long as you like getting dirty...

In the truck in the mud i mean......
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'll give it a go then....but I'll put my fingers in my ears just in case!

As for getting dirty? My other favourite toy is the power blaster!

Comment

Oooh you shouldnt have told them that. The muddies think thats sacreligious. But dont worry, you,ll be able to empathise with the "shinys" and being a girl youll get away with loads anyway

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by lostmarbles View Post
            Thanks guys.

I'll give it a go then....but I'll put my fingers in my ears just in case!

As for getting dirty? My other favourite toy is the power blaster!
            now i'm not even going to pass comment on that as it sounds like a sex toy...

Comment

Sorry double post...
              Last edited by yorta2; 30 October 2008, 12:42.

Comment

'lostmarbles', you worry me a bit. You said: "The T belt doesn't need doing, but the light's come on." Does that mean you have just changed the timing belt? Or does it mean that you don't think it needs changing? If the former, then you should reset the button, but if it is the latter, then remember that the light now will not illuminate for 60,000 miles (100,000 kilometres), and that may very well be way over when it is due. I couldn't be sure where you were coming from in your first post.

Comment

Alas poor Yorta.... It was too much bother to write the whole story: bought the truck with timing belt having just been done. Several months later, the light comes on, but I know the belt has been done, so I ignore it. Now I'm bothered by it as the clutch on the brakes went recently, rear window wouldn't close and it all felt like driving a wreck! So....I don't want to see a red warning light! The belt will need doing sometime next year.

Comment

If the timing belt has recently been done then it won't need doing again next year unless you clocked up 60,000miles in it.
                    The rear window would be an easy enough fix without costing a great deal.Give the runners up the side a clean out and spray in some silicon grease to help the window move easier.
                    There may of been a wire broken in the rubber conduit from the boot to the bottom of the tailgate or the motor may well of gone all of which is a cheap fix.

Comment

Working...
                    X