Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 runner speedo

Hi...
    Does anyone know if a uk. spec 4Runner speedo or just the clock itself will fit straight in a 94L KNZ130.. I posted a similar thread a while back but I didn't seem to get a definate answer either way... At the time it was because I wanted the odometer to read in miles not km's.... the face had already been changed by the importer..but I always set the trip on long journeys to judge distance left and work out fuel consumption and the like and it does my head in trying to do the convertion all the time....
    My speedo is electronic and I don't have a turbo light on the rev counter, just an engine warning light.... It recently stopped working (as seems to happen to quite a few members cars). I've seen a 94L 4runner in a local breakers and thought it might be just the job... Although the rev counter only had a tubo light and not an engine warning light.. hence the question about only swapping the speedo clock and not the entire instument pod...Any help or answers would be great...
    Regards Chris..

I can't see why they shouldn't fit but if you want some surf clocks then
    i have got the clocks from a 3.0l i'm breaking at the moment but i can't remember for certain if it was chipped or not.£25 delivered
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for that Stormforce... If I have no joy with the 4runner speedo I'll be giving you a call.... What worries me about the 4runner swop... is the speedo reading dictated by what model the gear box sensor is, or the calibration of the speedo clock.... What i'm trying to say is the compatibility of uk to jap spec bits????

Comment

In many ways you can not use 4Runner gauges in a Hilux Surf, because the hilux surf came with more options than the 4runner you would be missing some idiot lights (warning lights). Such as - Hard Suspension, fog lights, diesel (unless you can find the diesel 4runner).

But if you have the cheap hilux surf, then yes it should be an easy swap.
        1991 TOYOTA Hilux Surf SSR-G 3.0
        年のトヨタ|NEVER QUIT

Comment

Working...
        X