radio removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio removal

Right then, everyone here says get rid and stick in a uk spec audio unit. what i would like to know is how to get this one out?
    I am one of these people who like to find out how it works first, but just the other day there was a strange cracking sound from mine and now there is no sound?? there is power to the system and every thing on there works? but no sound!!
    Does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse or something just for the speakers??

Any help would be great as i'm under the dash right now!!!

Cheers G
    Always assume the worst.....Anything less is a bonus!!

Originally posted by speedymacfish
    Right then, everyone here says get rid and stick in a uk spec audio unit. what i would like to know is how to get this one out?
    I am one of these people who like to find out how it works first, but just the other day there was a strange cracking sound from mine and now there is no sound?? there is power to the system and every thing on there works? but no sound!!
    Does anyone know if there is a seperate fuse or something just for the speakers??

Any help would be great as i'm under the dash right now!!!

Cheers G

here
    http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/dash3.htm
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

You will need to remove most of the lower half of the dash to get it out as they mount behind the centre console!
      Not a bad job just a bit fiddly and time consuming!
      [IMG]http://www.yotasurf-online.co.uk/public/coppermine/albums/userpics/10024/surf3.jpg[/IMG]

Big 'n' beautiful!

Comment

radio

if it anything like the wonderful sight i was greated with when i removed my radion double din massive radio you may have an amp fitted seperate to your radio check this hasn't blown mine was fastened to the center consol at the bottom which made it a sod to get all the wires back in again after i fit the frequency expander. not sure if this is of any help but thought i would reply.

Comment

Working...
        X