Rear Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window

I know and I apologise in advance, i have searched for a solution but can not find one, My rear window is not doing anything, I have stripped off the cover to reveal the motor and wires, I have jammed the switch, and when i put my multi meter on it, there is no reading. If any one can shed some light on this I would be very very happy, or perhaps come and help fix it in return for some beers

sounds to me like a broken wire or a loose conection. try following the wire back to check for breaks or damaged wire and check all conections

Comment

thing is, when I pull the window down, and I try to get it up again with the switch, there is a beeping sound, I have no idea what this is or means

Comment

is the window lock switch pressed

Comment

only when i jam a credit card in there lol

Comment

is it the same beep if the tailgate isn't closed properly?

Check the locks either side of the tailgate because if it isn't closing right then it wont send power to the motor. It will just beep.
            www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ABE View Post
              is it the same beep if the tailgate isn't closed properly?

Check the locks either side of the tailgate because if it isn't closing right then it wont send power to the motor. It will just beep.
              The rear window / door locks on the central locking, but wont open with the key direct to the boot??

Comment

Check the rear wiper is in the off position and give it a waggle might not be seated properly!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  Check the rear wiper is in the off position and give it a waggle might not be seated properly!
                  I'm sure the wiper works, thing is, I will shortly be getting this on the road, I want to be able to use the back door for the dogs, shopping etc... is there a generic problem for this sort of thing? I can't seem to find a solution, all of the ones you guys have shown, it hasn't fixed it, cheers so far guys

Muchly appreciated

Ed

Comment

Originally posted by edcase081 View Post
                    I'm sure the wiper works, thing is, I will shortly be getting this on the road, I want to be able to use the back door for the dogs, shopping etc... is there a generic problem for this sort of thing? I can't seem to find a solution, all of the ones you guys have shown, it hasn't fixed it, cheers so far guys

Muchly appreciated

Ed
                    The rear wiper worked on mine but never seated properly after use. Solved it on mine by removing the wiper arm
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

ok silly question time, will the rear window come down with the engine running? obviously whilst it is onm Park and hand break on?

Comment

Yes!
                        www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

THe window will come down any time from the switch as long as the ign is on and the key opperates it when ign is off obviously! the only time it does not opperate is when the door is not closed properly you get a beeping noise or the wiper is not seated properly. the wiper works with the window up but it might not be going to the return position.

Comment

Working...
                          X