Powering second stereo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering second stereo

I fitted a new Sony head unit some time ago without too much trouble, I just used a Toyota - ISO and then a ISO - SONY connector.

However I recently bought a motoriszed touchscreen which I want to mount in the second DIN bracket above my Sony headunit. How should I go about powering this? Can I simply split the +12V cable and the ground cable inbetween say the ISO connection and the Sony connection and use these to power the screen and the headunit?

Also, I presume that i'll need to uprate the fuse too? (Which I presume can be found in the regular fuse box?)

I dont see why you couldnt do this... or take a lead off from the cig lighter socket....
    1993 HiLux Surf (mine)
    1998 RAV4 (hers)

Comment

I opened up my dash yesterday and installed my screen without a hitch. The wires coming out of the ISO adaptor were handily marked and all I had to do was split and attach the +12V and the ignition wire and ground the screen and it worked like a charm.

Now all I have to do is some serious reading on here about how to get the radio antenna and rear amplifiers working and i'm away!

Comment

Working...
      X