Rear wiper postion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper postion

Hi ,10 days into owning my first Surf ('91 2.4td) ,i cant work out the rear wiper. When i got the surf the rear wiper was in its little locator at the top ,so the rear window can be lowered.When turning on the rear wiper nothing happened in ethier posistion intermitant or full ,but if left in full postion it will do one single wipe then return-only when i start the engine ,after that it does nothing. So i forced the wiper arm to the other side of the wiping arc ,now the wiper wipes happily all day long in both full or intermitant postion. But it does not return to the little locator position ,so when opening the rear window i have to get out and force the wiper arm up and into postion. What is it meant to do ,do they return to locator after every wipe or when switched off ,or do you have to manually locate the wiper every time before you open rear window?

A little perplexed

should locate itself when you switch it off, it stays on the screen between sweeps, and just goes back that bit further when turned off.

I would try turning it on then off, so it goes to what it thinks is the parked position, then unbolt the arm, pull it off and turn it to the correct parked position, then push it back onto it's splines in that position and see if it works.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Cheers Nero ,i think the wiper motor or wiper switch must be at fault as the wiper stops as soon as i turn off. Be it halfway way through sweep or not ,but i will try your idea anyhow. Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X