Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tick tick boom

hi all,

no posting since you all sorted out my last problem (steering stops) but try and drop in at least once a week.

Here's a curious one. I have a 1993 2.4 and i love it (no surprise there!!) i have recently removed the bull bar at the front because it was basically rusting away. Actually i think it looks better now, like its had a shave!!

anyway there were also two spots on the bull bar which i have disconnected and left the wiring loose (taped the ends).... since doing this, intermittently when driving along the road (and it seems when turning left - ever does it in idle) i can here a relay switching over (sort of tick tock tick tock) and then theres a sound from the whole car which feels (and i must admit i thought it was at first) as though you've just gone through a pot hole!! I'm assuming that the bang is the car loosing power and then jump (push) starting itself because we are travelling.... HELP!!! - prize to whoever helps me sort it...

m

could be your CV joint! prob nothing to do with the removal of the bull bar! oh and is the prize the rusty bull bar?

Comment

outer CV joint
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

what is the outer cv joint?

Comment

i meant more the removal of the spots rather than the bull bar.. and thus a short somewhere or summink....
          and it really feels like and electrical fault as there is definitely a relay tick tocking down by my knee, and then theres the bang from the whole car which feels like a drive problem.. hence the cv joint thing i guess???

havnt decided on a prize yet.....

Comment

Originally posted by marvinius View Post
            i meant more the removal of the spots rather than the bull bar.. and thus a short somewhere or summink....
            and it really feels like and electrical fault as there is definitely a relay tick tocking down by my knee, and then theres the bang from the whole car which feels like a drive problem.. hence the cv joint thing i guess???

havnt decided on a prize yet.....
            Relay???
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

OK... i think i have it sorted... from what i can work out it is the 4wd engage relay.. when i turn left over 10mph it is trying to engage the 4wd, and because you are not supposed to do that it 'clonks' out ... sound plausible?

Comment

Working...
              X