4wd operation light problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd operation light problem

Hi, recently bought a ssrx limited. Switches from 2wd to 4wd ok but the 4wd light is constantly lit. Clock doesnt work either, everything else seems ok. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers.

You can't use 4wd on the road unless its icy/snowing.
    Try going to and fro a few feet to disengage 4wd as it may just be sticking a bit but alot of these trucks you need to do this
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The light is lit (4 greens)even when 4wd is not engaged. The front prop shaft is not being driven. Switch to 4wd front prop is driven , lights still 4 greens, everything else happens as per owners manual.

Comment

what truck have you got i.e model ,year etc

Comment

Model: KD - KZN185W - GAP XT A
          Engine 1KZ - TE 2982cc
          Trans A340F
          Axle A02A

Comment

That explains the 4 green lights then as you got a 3rd gen.I don't know buggar all about those but someone else who does will be along and tell you more about the 4wd set up etc

Comment

Thanks anyway

Comment

check the 4wd lever is in h2, if it is in h4 then the light will be on regardless of whether the button is pressed
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

H2.h4 Same Position On My Transfer Shift Lever Change From H2to H4
                  With One Touch 2-4 Selector Switch Everything Working Except Light
                  Stays On In 2wd

Comment

could be just a sticky switch to the light not sure how this bit works. are you sure that it is not in 4wd? make sure as it would not be a good idea to hit motor ways if it is
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

afternoon all

recently had a similar problem on my 3rd gen. It has recently spent a lot of time not only in H4L but also in L4L (both used my moving the transfer lever.

When I went back into H2 H4 and tried to selct 4WD by using the little buttin on the lever it would not come out of 4WD for ages.

Every time I started the car, normally in 2WD the 4 little green lights would flash for ages (but not in 4WD).

I solved this by disconnecting both batteries for about 1/2 an hour. Re connected them and everything is back to normal & working perfectly.

hope this helps

ta

hawaii
                      I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Have u de-selected the button on the side of the 4wd stick and waited for the lights to go out?

Comment

yes. Does anyone know if green lights are switched from transfer box gearknob switch and diff light from gearbox somewhere just an idea anyone help?

Comment

Working...
                          X