rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear window

Hi Guys, the rear window on my Surf it's just opening about one inch, yesterday was working well but now something wrong. Should I take the panel off the tailgate and lubricate the metal runners??? Or you think that's something else? If I should pull off the panel can somebody tell me how to.
    Please help me with this one, I have two dogs and I can not open the tailgate.

Thanks
    John

Originally posted by John Neto
    Hi Guys, the rear window on my Surf it's just opening about one inch, yesterday was working well but now something wrong. Should I take the panel off the tailgate and lubricate the metal runners??? Or you think that's something else? If I should pull off the panel can somebody tell me how to.

Thanks
    John
    Check rear wiper is seated correctly in its holder, is it doing it with the key and button.
    If its only lowering an inch you wont be able to drop the tailgate, you could take off the tailgate cover from the inside. From inside the truck the cover is held on by push clips so gently prise/ease it off. Once all off you can see the mechanism, get someone to operate the window while you look to see if anything is fouling the operation.
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Originally posted by John Neto

Thanks
      John
      http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/workshop/rear_door.htm

Look here, Pete

Comment

A big THANKS to all of you Guys

John

Comment

Working...
        X