Rear window stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear window stopped working

Hello, my partner bought a K reg surf a month ago, and it's been fantastic, however he just went away for a week on holiday, and so the car has not been used in about 10days and the rear window won't go down, we've tried with the button inside and the key in the tailgate, it doesn't even start to go down, it just does nothing. Do you have any idea what this might be?
    Thank you.

Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
    Check the window lock button on the drivers side door panel as that often gets pressed by mistake
    Also check the rear wiper is seated properly as the window won't open if its not
    Last edited by stormforce; 30 April 2008, 12:01.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      Hi and welcome to the home of insane surfers.
      Check the window lock button on the drivers side door panel as that often gets pressed by mistake
      Also check the rear wiper is seated properly as the window won't open if its not
      Ok brilliant, I shall get him to check it when he gets in, I can imagine it being something like that, I keep locking myself in my resting my arm on the lock on the door
      I do have to admit though, of all the cars he had, which are quite a few sports cars, the hilux surf is the nicest one, it truely is a fantastic car. It's so comfortable to drive and be in. Especially in comparison to my car- awful fiat cinquecento, haha. Now I've sampled the Surf I think a new car is in order!

Comment

Originally posted by Jammy_Dodger87 View Post
        Ok brilliant, I shall get him to check it when he gets in, I can imagine it being something like that, I keep locking myself in my resting my arm on the lock on the door
        I do have to admit though, of all the cars he had, which are quite a few sports cars, the hilux surf is the nicest one, it truely is a fantastic car. It's so comfortable to drive and be in. Especially in comparison to my car- awful fiat cinquecento, haha. Now I've sampled the Surf I think a new car is in order!
        yea you can't beat the surf.I've had one now for4 years and wont look back.Hopefully i will have a Green over silver 3l for sale soon after i finish fitting another engine
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thankyou Mr Storm!!

Was just searching for rear window related probs, and found your comment here about the window lock button being pressed! Panic over, window back up, no more rain inside! Cheers mate
          www.vidamusic.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X