2 new rear window relays. Window still not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new rear window relays. Window still not working

Hi all...Posted here a couple of weeks ago about my surf's rear window. It goes up OK but will not come down(I just hear the relay clicking but no window movement) so after a few replies to my post I thought "OK change relays on PCB in the blue box behind the rear paneling. So after contacting Omron (who make the relays)I finally received and replaced the top two relays on the PCB. But its exactly the same...Window goes up but will not come down. Please can anyone shed some light on this mega frustrating problem.

Have you tried reversing the wires on the motor to make sure it works OK in both directions?
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm running out of titles

Originally posted by TonyN
      Have you tried reversing the wires on the motor to make sure it works OK in both directions?
      Yes. Thats the only way i can get the window to go down. I put direct 12v to the motor and it works ok in either direction. This problem is driving me to drink........Where did i put the jack daniels????????

Comment

Originally posted by kes101
        Yes. Thats the only way i can get the window to go down. I put direct 12v to the motor and it works ok in either direction. This problem is driving me to drink........Where did i put the jack daniels????????
        We'll know its bad when you start on the babycham........then Meths!!

Hope all goes well

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by kes101
          For the price those relays cost...I would of changed all 4 for peace of mind. If you know your relays are ok & you know the motor operates in both directions....It's almost certainly a switch....it's possible tho' unlikely for the key & interior to both be u/s......maybe it's one of the safety cutouts i.e. the rear wiper or door lock ????
          Geoff http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_6_5.gif.... http://www.boomspeed.com/carolrobert/police.gif......

Comment

Working...
          X