Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making An Upgraded Headlight Harness

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully made their own upgraded headlight wiring harness?

I'm thinking about having a go at this and wondered does anyone have some plans/diagrams for it?

I cannot afford to buy a ready made one at the moment (work is getting scarce) but could stretch to the raw materials if someone could show me the components and how they all go together etc.

They actually look quite simple but it would be nice to get a proper plan.

Thanks,

Gary

P.S. I know that someone can do this and I would really appreciate it!

Yes, they're pretty easy to make.

You need:
    Some heavy gauge wire
    2 40amp automotive relays
    A 20amp fuse and fuse holder
    2 headlight connectors

Basic instructions, not complete but you should be able to figure it all out easily enough...
    You take a feed directly from the battery, through the fuse, through the switched connectors on the relay to the headlight connectors. You connect the original headlight feed to the switching input of the relay. Do the same again for high-beam. Connect the relevant earths.

***EDIT***
    Surfs use a switched ground, not a switched power, so you'll need to have the power fed straight form the battery to the lamps, and have the ground switched through the relay.
    Last edited by Slugsie; 11 April 2008, 01:32.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

How about this?

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsit...%20Upgrade.pdf

Nev

Comment

OK, I've gotten myself confused now. That system seems to be using a switched positive system. I thought that the Surf used a switched negative system.

Or maybe it's just too early in the morning for me to do technical stuff.
        Paul </Slugsie>
        Immortal.so far!

Comment

Working...
        X